Caravan to CHI2K5!!

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
I'll be updating this first page as I get more specific info.

Currently I have a caravan starting in Maysville, Ky which includes AWJ from SF who will be driving his TT SC300 and a buddy of his who will be driving his MKIV TT. They will be passing through Cincinatti, then going into Idny where they will meet up with Suprafied from SF, Matt with his MKII or MKIII or both(mkiiisupraman18), and hopefully Jon from MDC with his MKIII, Eriol with his MKIII, and maybe more Supra owners.
From Indy they will head to Champaign/Urbana, IL to meet me along with Carl with his TT GS300, Bob with his MKIII, Steve with his MKIII, Al with his 500RWHP MKIII and Trent with his MKIII. I may also have Brad with his MKII, and a couple other MKIII owners coming from here.

I would like to get some Supra owners from southern IL and from STL to chime in here. Maybe you guys could meet up with us in Champaign and go to Chi from here.

Here's a quick route map from Maysville to Indy, and then another from Indy to Champaign.

Pickup point/time in Indy...

Saturday, July 30th, 6:30-7:00 A.M. Indianapolis, IN
On I-74 West, just after leaving Indianapolis -
Exit 66 - Brownsburg:
Head North: Shell, Steak'n'Shake right next door to each other

The exact address for you to do a Mapquest is...

21 Maplehurst Drive
Brownsburg, Indiana 46112

Pickup point/time in Champaign/Urbana, IL...

Saturday, July 30th, 9:00-9:30 A.M. Farm-N-Fleet in Urbana, IL.
Just off of Cunningham Ave exit from I-74. Head North at end of ramp, Farm-N-Fleet is just ahead on the left. Turn left on O'Brien Drive, then immediately right into huge Farm-N-Fleet parking lot, can't miss it. There is gas and food right down the road. We'll allow plenty of time for you to get what you need done.

The exact physical address for you to do a Mapquest is...

2501 N Cunningham Ave
Urbana, IL 61802

Here's a link so that you can RSVP for the meet and reserve your spot on the dyno.

http://www.chi2k5.mid-westsupras.com/register.php

Attachments

• CAMZW5QZ.gif
    CAMZW5QZ.gif
    98.6 KB · Views: 18
  • CAGTU3KP.gif
    CAGTU3KP.gif
    95.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Yup, another MKII! It's actually the guy we ran into at the gas station here in Champaign when we got back last year. I've talked to him several times since then. He just bought another MKII that's supposed to be mint! I haven't seen it yet, but hopefully soon I will. Anyway, he's planning to come unless something changes.

Anyone have a suggestion as to where to meet at in Indy? We also need to figure out the meeting times...

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Just a side note, I will meet anyone coming up either 65N or 74N/W (whatever it is) in Edinburgh (65) or Greensburg (74). Or I could meet those coming up 74, and we could cruise over to 65... wutever, I just dont want to make the trip by myself again. Lonely times.... lonely times....

Sorry I cut out on ya Grant, was fishing out in the boonies.... caught a 3.18# bluegill though.... :boink: He's chillin in the fridge at the moment. :icon_razz

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Ack, sorry -- didn't even see this thread until now. I'll get to work on that.

What are we looking for in a meeting place? A good place for about 10 people to eat breakfast? I would tend to suggest a Steak'n'Shake, Denny's, or Sunshine Cafe for something like that.

As it now stands I'll be getting off work at 7:00am on July 30th, but I might be able to take that night off.

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Jeb, someplace near gas and food would be good. Also, somewhere easy to get to. There are people coming from Louisville and Cincinatti, so somewhere that's on the way for both groups.

Does this mean you're coming then? You never said for sure... If you can't get the night off we may be able to fudge the time a bit. You're going to be beat though if you go after working all night!

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Does anyone have a gas station of choice? If not, I'll look for good spots with BP gas stations. As of right now, I think the area around I74 and I465 on the West side would be good... on the way for everyone, and plenty of restaurants and gas stations in the vicinity. I'll do some scouting.

As of right now I'm planning on taking the night off and going, but its always hard to tell with my job - I couldn't say for sure until 2-3 weeks beforehand.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Denny's sounds so friggin awesome.... and I'm a shell guy. But I'm sure I get more mpg with my MKII than everyone else, so whatever. :icon_cool

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
oneandgone said:
Sounds great! Thanks for helping to make this happen, I really appreciate it!!!

No problem, man.

mkiiSupraMan18 said:
Denny's sounds so friggin awesome.... and I'm a shell guy. But I'm sure I get more mpg with my MKII than everyone else, so whatever.

I heard Shell switched to a lower-quality supplier a few years ago. Although now that I'm searching for info, the only info I can find says that Shell stuff has tested to be one of the highest-quality gasolines available... I wish I knew how to test this stuff myself.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
put 2 gallons in a metal 5 gal can, light a match and see which one goes boom the quickest/loudest. Repeat with multiple brands/octanes. This should be testing enough. :evil5:

Grant.... lower boost hoses suck sooo much arse.... :thumbdown I put it on "upside down" the first time......... GAY :withstupi

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
mkiiSupraMan18 said:
put 2 gallons in a metal 5 gal can, light a match and see which one goes boom the quickest/loudest. Repeat with multiple brands/octanes. This should be testing enough. :evil5:

Bad thing is, I've done stuff like this. I used to be a little pyro. :evil: