Caravan to CHI2K5!!

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I think I have the beast sold, so I wont get QUITE that far into it. $3500 for something I have $2000 in... I was considering turboing the green car, actually going to 7m or something J.... but I dont think that would be wise with school so close, and exspensive.

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Hmm... a 1jz wouldn't actually be a bad idea in an MKII, I think. Your car is so light that the off-boost performance probably wouldn't be bad.

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Update: We just added another Supra to the list! Suprafied from SF will be coming from just north of Indy with his MKIV, and meeting up with everyone there!!!

Matt, so you're no longer a member of the MKIII club? :wtc: Does that mean you're not going to post here anymore? I think everyone want's you to stick around!!

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I cant pass up selling it for that price though. I'm still deabting on what I'm gonna do, something Supra related for sure... seeing as how I'm selling the 89 to buy a Metro, I think, to drive for the next 2 years since I'll be one broke person for the next 2 years.... I was thinking wheels for the 82, those black ones with the chrome lips, or going 7mgte in it, or something like that... any idea on building a 7m block up, price wise? I'm sure its more than I would want to put into it, but just thought I'd ask. And about posting here, absolutely. Sure no1 likes to hear about MKII's on this site, but people aren't asses here like on CS.com. That shit got old, real quick. :icon_roll

Maybe I could get an NA MKIII or something to drive, if insurance wasn't $115/mo for the 89, I'd just keep it, but that and me boosting from point A-Point B, gas mileage is kinda.... crappy... Long live the mpg's of the 82.

Anyone ever notice my posts have little/no meaning whatsoever? :dunno:

*EDIT*
I don't think I'm gonna dyno this year, seeing as how my intake/exhaust mods are non-existant... unless another MKII decides he/she wants to challenge me for bragging rights, or whatever, but I'm sure THAT will be settled at the tracks. :biglaugh: Just like Grant getting owned by an NA 82. :burnout:

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
DAMN, $115 a month? I pay $37 a month for insurance on my '87 turbo, and I'm a 24-year-old living inside I465! (insurance prices are significantly higher for people who live in Marion County). I've even got 2 speeding tickets in the last 3 years.

It's always hard to figure out how insurance works, though -- I'm happy that insurance on my '96 Intrepid just dropped to $125 a month, and it's a base model family sedan.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
absolutely worth the trip. SILV of the Midwest.... and not in LV... SICHI just doesn't have the same feeling.... sounds more like a disease or something.

Got pics Grant..... lol finally
Posted...

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Yeah, but there aren't as many hot strippers in Chicago as there are in Las Vegas. ;(

mkiiSupraMan18 said:
absolutely worth the trip. SILV of the Midwest.... and not in LV... SICHI just doesn't have the same feeling.... sounds more like a disease or something.

Got pics Grant..... lol finally
Posted...

westonboege

May 25, 2005
providence RI
me and kyle should be going jon. We are in lafayette so we might just meet you guys at carls... if lafayette is out of the way.... still got a while tho right... end of july?

my car should be ready by then. heh.. if i dont blow it up first...

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Any pics or a contact for this other MKII, this suspense is killing me... lol. Been a long time (PA, I think) since I've cruised with another MKII for awhile. Finally, some competition.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
:boink: Can't wait. No need for strippers when ya got MKII's Eriol, no need. I hope it's an 83, I've only seen them on the internet and heard rumors about how they actually exist. I'll own one eventually if they do.

Let's see I've owned..... 84, 84, 82, 84, 85, and 89... I guess an actual 86 MKII would be required also....

I can't wait for July..... I'm actually looking forward to the drive up too. Hope everyone can keep up.

160+hp...... bitches...... :slap:

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Hehehe... better yet, how about strippers _IN_ MKII's? :D

160hp -- is that at the wheels? You're getting up there with MKIII's, man! :)

mkiiSupraMan18 said:
:boink: Can't wait. No need for strippers when ya got MKII's Eriol, no need. I hope it's an 83, I've only seen them on the internet and heard rumors about how they actually exist. I'll own one eventually if they do.

Let's see I've owned..... 84, 84, 82, 84, 85, and 89... I guess an actual 86 MKII would be required also....

I can't wait for July..... I'm actually looking forward to the drive up too. Hope everyone can keep up.

160+hp...... bitches...... :slap:

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
its actually like, 162, but I didn't want anyone to throw up the BS flag. Last year at Chi2k4 I did 163.3... But no papers to prove that. And it looks like Rain for 2morrow.... :3d_frown: Who made the date June 3rd? Come ON... SERIOUSLY! I doubt I'll even go to Louisville if its raining.... crappy, crappy week-end. That means fun in the sun for CHI2k5!!! :biggrinbo *hopefully*
Will be attending it, regardless.

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Matt, I think it's an 85. I tried calling, but didn't get him. I think it's his office number maybe, so I'll call tomorrow during the day.

Jeb, when you pick a meeting point in Indy can you also get the actualy physical address for me? Then everyone can mapquest directly to it. Thanks!

Wes and Kyle, the guys coming from Indy could meet you somewhere along the way I'm sure. It looks like maybe Crawfordsville would do? What do you guys think??

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Matt: I know! I bet someone that chose a date like that would paint their Toyota Kawasaki green! ;)

Grant: will do man. Hopefully I'll get on that this weekend (weekend for me being Sat-Tue).