can't search for zt2 or log...too short

moorman

Not a Lurker, Voyeuristic
May 17, 2005
San Diego, CA
members.provalue.net
I'm looking for .zto files that anyone may have posted to help troubleshoot some wiring issues I'm having (ECU behaving strangely), but this forum discards the primary strings I could use to search.

Can anyone point me to a posted file, or send me directly a log file? I know I've seen one posted well before I picked up a zt2....but cannot find it.

Edit:
...I did have 1 result searching for .zto (added the dot) but the links in that post are dead, so my quest is still ongoing.

Last edited:

moorman

May 17, 2005
San Diego, CA
members.provalue.net
Searching for 'datalog' turned up the one I was looking for.....but it doesn't have has much closed loop cruising as I thought.

Anyone interested in recording a few minutes of steady-state cruising I can use to compare? My ecu will periodically do strange things w/ the Vf, and the AFR won't always respond. Sometimes I'm seeing 13:9 while cruising and Vf's are 4.99....well, here, I'll just post my log from this morning.

http://members.provalue.net/moon/to_work.zip

Last edited:

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
here's a couple for you.
i think when i did these, i had a hole in my intake manifold gasket = a rich acceleration/lean idle issue

Attachments

• 27th_3rdgearmerge.zto
    30 KB · Views: 6
  • 27th_accelerationlaunch.zto
    24.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 27th_cruise70mph.zto
    71.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 27th_idle.zto
    46.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

moorman

May 17, 2005
San Diego, CA
members.provalue.net
Since my log is so long, I'll highlight a couple concern points. At 9:12:40AM, I was parked and idling when it decides to start leaning itself out w/o any change in Vf. Conversely, earlier while cruising, let's pick 9:04:00AM, I saw where Vf's were 4.99 w/ an AFR of 13.8, while later cruising Vf's were 1.06 w/ the same AFR (9:05:57am). There's clearly an issue w/ the harness, as I could get the idle RPMs to increase by 100rpm by physically moving the ecu a little, but I'm trying to narrow down what, out of all those wires, I need to be concentrating on.

....I hate wiring. The leaning itself out issue only appeared after manipulating the harness to install the zt2, but would sometimes persist even w/ zt2 wiring removed. All crimp type wire taps were replaced by soldering a lead inline and attaching a terminal connector at the end, which made no difference. The data makes it look like some input the ecu uses to manage AFR is intermittent.

And thank you for the logs, it gives me a good comparison. :thumbup:

Last edited:

moorman

May 17, 2005
San Diego, CA
members.provalue.net
...it's been a while, but I figured I should update in case someone else finds this thread, maybe it can prove useful. The odd readings I was getting were due to a hose coupling that had split open. Explains why I'd hit open loop so easily, even on light uphill stretches while cruising to work. Replacing that coupling allowed me to properly tune the fuel pressure (Lex AFM/440's) to bring Vf's smack in the middle.

Isnms, thank you sir; having external comparisons while troubleshooting is invaluable. Next time I find myself in Oklahoma, if you're anywhere near Stillwater (my hometown), OKC or Tulsa, I owe you a beer.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
Thanks for posting your conclusions and I'm glad you found my logs of some use.
When you make it back, I'm in Moore. I'd really like to get a look at your MKII.