Bumper Lights

TurboToy-R

Apr 30, 2007
Duncan BC
1992supraman;977642 said:

you are correct, I mirrored the photo of my car so it was easier to put the lights on :biglaugh:

OK, so my decision....... no lights

My first thought about this "project" on my bumper was to do some thing with that hideous license plate on the front of my car. I was originally thinking of making a flip over license plate, like a corvette style flip plate.

So my decision is this...

A) Just fill it in for now flush and have that painted monday

B) Just leave it now as is, and then work on an "insert" that I can cut a hole after its painted, slide it in, and have a flip license plate.

Is that acceptable? :thefinger

TurboToy-R

Apr 30, 2007
Duncan BC
Oh, and by the way, even though I'm getting a new paint job, the "SUPRA" stickers arn't going into the garbage. Personally I love my stickers, but am having them painted on, under the clear coat.

So I am curious, has anyone see some nice looking FONT that I can show the painter to use as a template? Im looking for a BLOCK style, very bold, similar to the 2nd gen "SUPRA"

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
They put lights like that on the corvettes too, but they don't have fog lights like we do...

I agree on the MKIII font as well, it looks best IMHO...

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
honestly, If I had the funds at this moment to repaint my car, I'd have my body guy fill in the license plate recess, cut out the stock 89+ grille, get rid of the emblem on the header panel, and paint it. Then i'd put some aluminum mesh in where the stock grille was and see if I couldn't disguise the intercooler a bit.

zurud

Apr 10, 2005
Evansville, IN
If you want to put something there, I suggest put Turbo A duct. Its functional if you have bigger ic, look nice and come from factory on 500 mk3. You already have fog light, adding another set is too much imho.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
:thumbdown on the lights. If you're gonna do anything to the bumper, just smooth it out.

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
charlesshen;977223 said:
all i can say do what ever you like and makes you happy, i cant really feel the hole mustang center light thing but if you like do it

the reason are cars get no respect and are considered to be a joke to most people that have never owned a supra is cause most supra owners cars all kinda look a like almost everyones got the same kits and same friggin style as the next supra owner next to them, how many time do you see a pic with a ton of supras at a meet here in the us and be able to say thats so and so's to most of the cars very little thats when almost never.
thats why hondas and 240s are so popular and have so many more performance
parts and kits cause no one in there is say thats gay,dont,do it keep it traditional
ya old people like to keep things traditional thats why i mostly see a bunch of ol farts in the 40s driving mkiii
=to keep it short= you like you do it ,i dont like but i dont care and i give you props for try to do some thing new :biglaugh:
heres the mold i wana make but most people think its better to keep it stock screw stock if i wanted stock id drive a Crown Victoria

Learn how to use periods.