Bryan's 1uz twin turbo build

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
^^^ damnnnnn salty! haha good luck gettin that out of there.. they always seem to go bad AFTER you've had them exposed, and already installed the engine, and in your case, its a LOT of engine

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
viper92086;1394531 said:
^ thanks guys, it's been a rough road getting it this far. as an update, i have the maft pro working with the 1uz, i just need to tune it. I also stripped the high pressure side of my power steering rack so now the car is on hold until the new one comes in :(.. i am hoping i can just lift the motor up a tad to get to it.

I had my hard line out to weld the threaded ends on and it was both a pain coming out and a pain putting back in even with the 1UZ not installed yet. I think if the line ever does go bad before I redo the setup for a TT it'll get converted to a high pressure braided SS line with AN fittings instead of the current JIC fittings and run it to a cooler up front and across the front instead of sitting on the rack. Good luck!

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
i managed to do the power steering in about 3 hours this morning. i could've had it done way faster if the tie rod nuts wheren't rusted stuck. of course i used a engine hoist to raise the engine about 2in and then managed to use a low profile 17 socket. glad its over. on the plus side the care is almost ready for the road. i just need to hook up some hoses and get my bumper and hood on. maybe i'll get some vids up tomorrow

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
its out of the garage and moving under its own power! hasn't moved for about 3 months. :love:

DSC04891.JPG

DSC04892.JPG

DSC04893.JPG

DSC04894.JPG

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
Here's the video... its a crappy digital camera, but hey its a video lol. first vid is the first time of it leaving the garage.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Congratulations! That looks absolutely sick! Nice work. A lot of that looks nearly factory. Theres something about that IC pipe with the BOV on it that I really like. lol

sthmstr

May 29, 2008
Colorado
Outstanding!! Looks awesome dude! Truly an inspiration to me. Have you driven it yet? What are you using for air/fuel control?

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Don't know what I can add... But are those turbine heat sheilds pot from your kitchen:) My friend did the same on his 240.

You've inspired me once again.

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
supra90turbo;1396840 said:
Congratulations! That looks absolutely sick! Nice work. A lot of that looks nearly factory. Theres something about that IC pipe with the BOV on it that I really like. lol

perhaps its the 3" piping lol thanks

Zerocool;1396852 said:
Very Impressive, What are you doing for engine management?

maft-pro. sneakypete is going to lend me a hand with tuning it. right now i have the base settings pretty much dialed in, give or take a little. I am still a noob when it comes with a maft pro

TooGoode;1396906 said:
wow its really coming together!! when are you gonna get some vids of some in car pulls?

haha, maybe soon after i get it someone tuned

SupraDreamPDR;1396915 said:
Very nice. Stock hood clear that?

it did when we made the engine mounts.. so hopefully it still does. It's probably a very tight fit. i couldnt sit the engine down any lower

MK3.0dudeman;1397325 said:
Very nice. can't wait to see it at the etown meet.so what was the grand total?did you stay around 2k?

i'm prolly more like around low 3k. all those little bits and peices add up that you dont think about haha.

dumbo;1397540 said:
Don't know what I can add... But are those turbine heat sheilds pot from your kitchen:) My friend did the same on his 240.

You've inspired me once again.

haha yup its a $10 3 quart pot i bought from macy's and cut it in half. I saw the tutorial with a mkiv member who made one.

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
Viper, i'm gonna be at $2500+ for a very basic 7M rebuild with an HKS turbo (maybe 400whp, if i'm lucky). You are proof that their are other options with unbelievable potential for far cheaper.

Can't wait to see vids of this monster.

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
skim1040;1398745 said:
Wow!!
This came together awesome!!

I remember seeing the original poll about what swap to do...and I had my doubts. But you definitely did an incredible job!

Also, mind posting a link to the DIY heat shield? :D Looks good!

thanks, i give huge thanks to the girlfriend for putting up with me working on the car every night haha. here's the link. his came out way nicer imo http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326366

87witmoreboost;1399020 said:
Viper, i'm gonna be at $2500+ for a very basic 7M rebuild with an HKS turbo (maybe 400whp, if i'm lucky). You are proof that their are other options with unbelievable potential for far cheaper.

Can't wait to see vids of this monster.

If you do your research on ebay and craigslist, anything can be done for cheap lol. Takes alot of motivation tho.. i'll be honest i have gotten sick of working on it, but its rewarding to see it done.. today sneakypete plans on stopping by to help me tune this beast. so vids soon