Bolt on Big Brake Kit For around 300$.

Nick Squire

Aug 8, 2013
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
alright I bit the bullet before this guy realizes all his calipers are selling like wildfire and he decides to increase the price;) I have a set of 17 inch Enkei rims so I`ll check out the fitment on those, thanks for the tip.

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Thanks for the info, I just bought a set ��
But I already started on a kit with ls400 callipers which requires brackets so these will be easier to install :)

jesse_rc1991

May 29, 2012
austin
anyone try fitting the mkiv wheels with this setup? wouldn't it be easier also to run wheel spacers to clear with sawblades instead of grinding the caliper?

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
hvyman;2040241 said:
Black89t you cannot use a rotor that goes more inward very much farther as it will hit the knuckle for the mounts for the tie rod and ball joints.

i ordered a set of rotors that should be here monday. then i can see what size spacer i need exactly. im going to run the spacer then possibly get different wheels in the future.

jesse_rc1991;2040688 said:
anyone try fitting the mkiv wheels with this setup? wouldn't it be easier also to run wheel spacers to clear with sawblades instead of grinding the caliper?

yeah id run a spacer before grinding things

_EiKNARF_

1JZ, NO S@*T!
Aug 20, 2012
Lewiston
Wow we (the mk3 supra community) must be putting a hurtin' on the stock pile of these calipers! Theres like half of what used to be left on ebay! I picked up a pair before yall swipe them all up!

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
_EiKNARF_;2040780 said:
Wow we (the mk3 supra community) must be putting a hurtin' on the stock pile of these calipers! Theres like half of what used to be left on ebay! I picked up a pair before yall swipe them all up!

Just got mine in today lol $57 I know they won't be that cheap for long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_EiKNARF_

1JZ, NO S@*T!
Aug 20, 2012
Lewiston
You must have bought the pair i was watching! No matter i paid 36 for one and 40 for the other. 76 seems to be the norm. Or atleast it was. Im pretty excited to get this kit on once weather breaks. Trying to decide if i want to do the evo/subaru rears to have matching brembos or mk4 TT rears?

YYCSupra

Getting back in the game
Aug 4, 2014
Alberta
I just bought a pair of calipers for $70 that are in grade A condition. Going to test fit with my wheels before buying any of the other equipment. I have Work Meister with +42 offset. They will probably be fine but just in case.

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
I just got my pair and jumped up on the scale to compare with the ls400. The merc calipers weigh 4.3 kg each and the ls400 weigh 3.3 kg each.
The merc calipers are put together with 4 parts, 2 parts in the middle which is the mounting part and made of steel and then the two outer which houses the pistons seem to be made of aluminum.

bluebullet89

Oct 16, 2008
Meridian, ID
Just bought a set myself. :) $60 shipped. comes with everything nicely enough.

I have the Varrstoen ES2 (te37 reps) and i'll post up pics when i get it all together.

considering these rotors... http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-2-PREMIUM-PERFORMANCE-DRILLED-SLOTTED-ZINC-PLATED-BRAKE-ROTORS-Mercedes-/291327267258?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AR350&hash=item43d47551ba&vxp=mtr
their video makes some good points and the seem to be quality rotors.

Do they have to be the 2012 year specifically for the R350? or will other years/models work

Last edited:

mk3 salty

Oct 12, 2008
Albany, New York
anyone running big rear brakes as well, i need to replace all 4 + rotors and brake lines this year and looking at options, glad i found this though. Thanks for the information.

YYCSupra

Getting back in the game
Aug 4, 2014
Alberta
I saw pretty good DIY on YouTube or How To.com. It went through cleaning and painting.