Bolt on Big Brake Kit For around 300$.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Melee_Falcon;2038881 said:
Would you happen to know the width and offset dimension of that 17" RPF1 wheel? I have mine in 17X9 +35 and I was wondering if that example is a similar size

I think there 17/8.5 and they have the high offset face. But there is tons of room. I would think that sizing that you have would fit.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
SideWinderGX;2038889 said:
They fit but they rub? What do you mean the inside of the wall rubs?

Just curious, thanks!

Barely on the barrel. Could grind the caliper a small amount and it would work.

Eskimo

Aug 16, 2011
Moscow Mills, MO
I have svt wheels on mine do you think they will fit with this upgrade
17x9 +26
Or better yet the wheels that do fit what is the size and offset on those
On the stock wheels how much clearance is there between the Mercedes caliper and the backside of the face

Last edited:

Melee_Falcon

Dec 3, 2013
Southern California
Eskimo;2039931 said:
I have svt wheels on mine do you think they will fit with this upgrade
17x9 +26
Or better yet the wheels that do fit what is the size and offset on those
On the stock wheels how much clearance is there between the Mercedes caliper and the backside of the face

I'm pretty sure the RPF1s are 17X8.5 +40, at least I'm pretty certain who had them because now I remember asking about the dimensions before (I love the SBC finish but don't have it on mine). As for the NT03s, judging by the sizing chart on the Enkei website, I'd like to wager that they'd be either 18X8.5 +38 or 18X9.5 +40 since it seems that higher offsets fit better with them.

It would be interesting if we could pool together a test fit of various wheels on someone's existing set up locally but I'm not sure if there's that much genuine interest and it might be too much of a bother for either party.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
fonz87;2040003 said:
??? Why not just buy them together.... I found a pair for 76 shipped on eBay and I jumped on it.

i got a set too cause i figured they're all gonna get bought up sooner than later. that ebay seller is prolly thinking wtf all the sudden everyone is buying my used mercedes calipers hahahaa. they were shipped fast and packaged well to.

hoping they fit i have xxr 962 in a 17x9 +35 up front. be nice if somebody had the rotor thickness but i can get an idea from the pics i guess. cause if its thicker than the stock rotor hat that will give the wheel more clearance. i want to test fit them before i order pads and rotors i think its gonna be close if they do fit. soon i will find out!

Nick Squire

Aug 8, 2013
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
hey guys I'm looking to pick up a pair of these, I see a couple listings on ebay but the all have different #'s example the 2 posted further up here had #72 and #73, on ebay I see 48, 71, 59, 63. Not sure what to look for, thanks.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
^im not sure what those numbers mean. there 220 s class calipers. search that on ebay and they come up..

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
black89t;2040008 said:
i got a set too cause i figured they're all gonna get bought up sooner than later. that ebay seller is prolly thinking wtf all the sudden everyone is buying my used mercedes calipers hahahaa. they were shipped fast and packaged well to.

hoping they fit i have xxr 962 in a 17x9 +35 up front. be nice if somebody had the rotor thickness but i can get an idea from the pics i guess. cause if its thicker than the stock rotor hat that will give the wheel more clearance. i want to test fit them before i order pads and rotors i think its gonna be close if they do fit. soon i will find out!

I would think they would fit with those wheels.

Its hard to see which wheels would fit with test fitting. but same goes for any bbk really. i doubt my xxr 521 would fit the arz kit either.

the rotors are 32mm thick. much thicker than stock so they sit farther inward and outward and then the calipers are much more bulkier than stock.

What im more curious is to how thick the outer piece of the caliper is and if they could be grinded a certain amount for wheel clearance.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
hvyman;2040052 said:
^im not sure what those numbers mean. there 220 s class calipers. search that on ebay and they come up..

That's what I searched says W220 for the part number. That's the same thing right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
hvyman;2040053 said:
I would think they would fit with those wheels.

Its hard to see which wheels would fit with test fitting. but same goes for any bbk really. i doubt my xxr 521 would fit the arz kit either.

the rotors are 32mm thick. much thicker than stock so they sit farther inward and outward and then the calipers are much more bulkier than stock.

What im more curious is to how thick the outer piece of the caliper is and if they could be grinded a certain amount for wheel clearance.

i should have been more specific but i meant how thick is the rotor hat on the mecedes rotor. cause to test fit wheels with just the calipers you need to know that cause it looks much thicker than the stock rotor hat so its going to space the wheel out more than stock brakes and give more clearance to clear the larger calipers ;)

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
black89t;2040008 said:

HAHAHAH thats exactly what i was thinking too, I saw the price and didn't even think twice about it and bought them, I figured if i don't, someone here will. you can't go wrong with 76 dollars shipped for benz Brembo 4 piston caliper. It arrived super fast and packed nicely. I m sure the seller's probably wondering what's going on with their supply of Calipers hahaha. I m going to be ordering Rotors Today off Rockauto and try to install them sometime next week. Hopefully they fit my SSR rims....

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
fonz87;2040140 said:
HAHAHAH thats exactly what i was thinking too, I saw the price and didn't even think twice about it and bought them, I figured if i don't, someone here will. you can't go wrong with 76 dollars shipped for benz Brembo 4 piston caliper. It arrived super fast and packed nicely. I m sure the seller's probably wondering what's going on with their supply of Calipers hahaha. I m going to be ordering Rotors Today off Rockauto and try to install them sometime next week. Hopefully they fit my SSR rims....

im sure he's a little confused but happy too lol

Eskimo;2040156 said:
I don't see why they won't fit with my svt wheels I looked earlier and I have like 3 inches from stock caliper to the spokes

idk they might work. i tried my wheels and they only fit with a 7mm spacer. but mine have a pretty big lip so if it the spokes are flush with the face of the wheel they might work. also i just spaced my stock rotor out with some washers to where it was close in the pic. if anything it might not be spaced out enough. really though i think the golden ticket that would make this setup better yet is a rotor that fit more inward so you don't have to shim the caliper out 5mm. im gonna look into trying to find a different rotor but i have a feeling its going to be hard to do since i don't think the deminsions needed are listed. heres a pic of them

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
jdmfreak;2040110 said:
So I have to ask... with this being 4pot,would there be much difference in stopping power between this and the AZ kit?

You'd have to compare piston area of ARZ's wilwood calipers (which I can't find as they don't give a part number) and brake radius (which should be the same).

There's also the issue of using new parts versus used, and the fact that ARZs rotors are two piece and very light is a bonus as well.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Black89t you cannot use a rotor that goes more inward very much farther as it will hit the knuckle for the mounts for the tie rod and ball joints.