BMW GINA Light Visionary Model

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
The headlights opening up like that kinda freak me out. Like it's alive. The windshield reminded me of the old porsches from the 50-60's.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Solo1Supra;1047819 said:
Awesome idea. But vandals would have a field day with the skin of the car.

I dunno... I think I'd rather have the replaceable skin torn off my car than have it keyed.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Looks like we're coming full circle...

Look at aircraft. First they where made with paper/cloth, then aluminum, now composites.

I'd drive the hell out of that, It's basicly like the Ariel Atom under it all, just with a cool skin over it to provide better aerodynamics.

I'd buy one and buy a bunch of different skins in any color I wanted, zip it on and have a new car.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Jervis Mcstabby;1049461 said:
Well, they'd only need weaving machines really, so bimmer would have a hard time justifying charging more than a shell body.

they wont charge for the 'technology'?

I doubt it's 100% preshrunk cotton...

Mark3Supraholic

Zero State
Mar 31, 2005
California
Suddenly the guy I have loathed for so many years for making me reach for a barf bag every time a New BMW design came out is being seen in a new light: innovative. Kudos to Mr. Bangle for pursuing such radical design, however impractical it may be. He always seems to pursue radical design.. However, the sins he bestowed upon the 5-series and 7-series compared to their predecessors (3-series is not completely ugly, especially in M3 guise) which were taut, well defined, yet subtle cars are great indeed. Many more years of retribution are required before BMW's from the era of "Bangleized" are deemed visionary. Perhaps the fruits of his labor are yet to be designed.

You know I could have just said in short: "cool, but you still made some ugly cars back then..."