Bleeding the clutch, weird issue.

aljordan

LEADED FUEL ONLY
Jul 14, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
www.apeserver.com
I've bled the system alone many times. Crack the bleeder and push the slave cylinder rod into the slave cylinder. Do this by pushing the clutch fork toward the slave thru the inspection cover. Keep the rod compressed then close the bleeder.

Since you've got that bleeder off, find out what size it is and let us all know so we can buy a speed bleeder for it. That'd be sweet.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I've got like three broken ones laying around, I'll take it in to Advance on Monday and find a perfect match :rofl:

Ian, we tried multiple pumps and single pumps, and always tightened and loosened the bleeder all the way. I'll try gravity bleeding Monday, if that doesn't work I'll replace the O ring I unrationally suspect is the problem, and if that doesn't work I'll get a new master, too.

Al, get your car back together yet? Don't forget you owe me a ride!

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
UPDATE: Gravity bleeding did nothing. Pulled the master, pulled it apart, everything was kosher inside. Said wtf, screw it, threw it back together and put it back in the car. Bleed it normally and it worked perfectly! Didn't change anything, NFI what fixed it but there must have been air trapped in the master. Appreciate the help anyway!