Bilstein Shocks question

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
So at autozone I ordered Bilstein shocks, they asked if I wanted the ones with Electronically Adjustable Suspension so I was just curious as to what this exactly is or if it even has it. i am asking if it even has it because they said that the computer had the same part listed under "EAS and NO EAS" lol. Help?

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2009
Nirvana
Does your car have the TEMS switch between the shifter and the center console? And boxes on top of the shocks with wires going to them, when you look in the engine bay?

Even if you get the ones listed for EAS, they probably won't have the pin at the top that makes them work with the TEMS motors mounted above the shocks, they will just fit a TEMS car, deleting the TEMS in the process. AFAIK, Tokico is the only aftermarket TEMS replacement shock.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
They definately won't as they're:
-The same part number.
-Bilstein doesn't make any that are adjustable in that way for our cars.

QuebecmkIII

Jan 27, 2009
quebec
I'm little off topic on that one but does the blistein are very stiff like some say or pretty confortable?
(does koni yellow or tokiko illuminata give a better confort?)

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
koni are still and illumina are going to be pretty stiff too bilsteins are adjustable but don't count me on this i hear that they are the OEM so they will be comfy

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Bilsteins aren't adjustable for dampening, they have adjustable perches so you can lower the car with factory springs.

YoungGunSupra

Sep 10, 2009
Walnut, California
from what i originally had (monroe sensatracs,) and when i switched to the bilsteins..the bilsteins were much stiffer..before with the sensatracs the ride was comfy..didnt feel much on the road in terms of bumps and such..but now when id rive around town i feel everything...its a better handling set up..but for a daily driver i think i might prefer to just go back tot he sensatracs...

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
just curious. I got them in and am lookign at them right now, how doy ou adjust the perches? I see the 3 rings on it but how do u adjust it? does it have to do with the metal ring it came with? and also, how do you tell which is front and which is rear lol

QuebecmkIII

Jan 27, 2009
quebec
YoungGunSupra;1592694 said:
from what i originally had (monroe sensatracs,) and when i switched to the bilsteins..the bilsteins were much stiffer..before with the sensatracs the ride was comfy..didnt feel much on the road in terms of bumps and such..but now when id rive around town i feel everything...its a better handling set up..but for a daily driver i think i might prefer to just go back tot he sensatracs...

That what I don't want, I know the blistein have probably the best design and durability but if we are in the perspective of using it for some long ride, maybe they are not the best for you.
Like IJ say, koni yellow are not bad at all.
thank dude!

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Rob_Supra87;1592705 said:
just curious. I got them in and am lookign at them right now, how doy ou adjust the perches? I see the 3 rings on it but how do u adjust it? does it have to do with the metal ring it came with? and also, how do you tell which is front and which is rear lol

The differance between front/ rear should be in the part number, call Bilstien up to verify which is the front/ rear. to adjust: yes, it has something to do with the metal "C" ring