Billet Alternator and AC Bracket Setup!

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
As for belt tension, I have never used one since I ever put my first FFIM on. You can manually pull the belt tight enough and then just lock the bolts down with locktite and never had an issue. I do always dress the pulleys with belt dress before I put a new belt and kit like this on.

So what do you guys feel would be a reasonable price for the kit. Keep in mind a billet bracket to just put the alternator where the AC is runs about $100-$125 for one piece. This kit is 5 billet pieces!!!

Thanks,
Seth

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Damn I thought billet parts were cheap to make especially if you do them in groups haha I was hoping for not much more then 100 but thats just me :)

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
oldsking;1800666 said:
Damn I thought billet parts were cheap to make especially if you do them in groups haha I was hoping for not much more then 100 but thats just me :)

Haha, obviously you don't know anything about making billet parts! Lol Anything made on a $40,000(used, $90,000new) machine that uses $20,000 worth of programing software running it is not going to be that cheap! It is $50 in material alone for all the parts in the kit! Maybe I need to make a video that shows all the effort it takes to think up, design, and make a product like this!

Seth

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
oldsking;1800666 said:

Haha, obviously you don't know anything about making billet parts! Lol Anything made on a $40,000(used, $90,000new) machine that uses $20,000 worth of programing software running it is not going to be that cheap! It is $50 in material alone for all the parts in the kit! Maybe I need to make a video that shows all the effort it takes to think up, design, and make a product like this!

Seth

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Haha ahh when you throw figures out like this then I can understand the reason for cost :) I knew those CNC machines were not that cheap lol

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
sethron71;1800451 said:
So what do you guys feel would be a reasonable price for the kit. Keep in mind a billet bracket to just put the alternator where the AC is runs about $100-$125 for one piece. This kit is 5 billet pieces!!!
Thanks,
Seth

I don't think you're doing this because of charitable causes. So, basically, COST OF MATERIALS + LABOR COST = $??? X 1.45 = FINAL PRICE. 45% is usually on the low end of pricing to capture profit and all eventualities.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Seth have you determined what would be a feasable price for the set up? I am awaiting so I know or I may be going with the LIPP and not worry about a/c. Im needing to get a brackt soon though s my FFIM is ready to bolt on.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
HKS_TRD;1804464 said:
Can you post a pic of the breather on the block to show where the alternator sits in relation to it.

Haha I knew you were going to ask that! Send me a pic with what fitting you are going with and I will tell you if it will fit. With a bit bigger belt so the alternator is tensioned to the max you should have no problems getting the the AN fitting in there as long as it is not a straight fitting but rather a 35 degree or what ever would make it come to vertical. I will try to take a picture in a bit.

Seth

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Dan,
Should clear fine. It does not accommodate both alternators although I can slot it easy enough. Are you running the larger alternator? If you have one can measure the hole spacing, CL to CL?

Thanks,
Seth