BIC Divorced Downpipe Q's

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
I'm looking to possibly get a BIC Divorced Downpipe and test pipe and had a couple of questions.

1. Is it worth it to get the re-routed wastegate pipe(partially divorced)?
2. Is it worth it to get the ceramic coating?
3. Is it worth it to get the flex section?

All help is appreciated. Mods are in sig.

Cycoclown

SHAAWING!!!
Jan 18, 2008
Vacaville, CA
www.myspace.com
Alec;1329661 said:
I'm looking to possibly get a BIC Divorced Downpipe and test pipe and had a couple of questions.

1. Is it worth it to get the re-routed wastegate pipe(partially divorced)?
2. Is it worth it to get the ceramic coating?
3. Is it worth it to get the flex section?

All help is appreciated. Mods are in sig.

ive had both the DDP and the full 3inch DP

never had the flex section tho. if its not rerouted it and the wastegate opens sounds like a pissed off possom which is kind of annoying, but its not to bad

all in all. BIC does good work. just make sure u can get the little bracket thing off before u install the pipe. 1 bolt on mine was rounded off so at first i heard it raddling but a nice clamp fixed that :)

Last edited:

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
If they made the re-routed when I got mine I definetly would have gone that route. I didn't like the noise at first, thought it may grow on me, it didn't.

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
I hear that if I get a divorced downpipe I will always be hitting fuel cut, would that be true for my car and it's mods?

Last edited:

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Its possible/highly likely to hit FC on a open DDP, especially depending on the ambient temperatures.. with the rest of the exhaust on you probably will only fuel cut on cold nights (dense air)

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
87M-GTE;1329700 said:
Its possible/highly likely to hit FC on a open DDP, especially depending on the ambient temperatures.. with the rest of the exhaust on you probably will only fuel cut on cold nights (dense air)

Would getting the downpipe reduce the life of my engine?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
no if properly maintained. it opens the exhaust more so it increases boost a couple psi thats why you might hit fuel cut. get a boost controller and back it down a bit if you do.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Cycoclown;1329668 said:
ive had both the DDP and the full 3inch DP

never had the flex section tho. if its not rerouted it and the wastegate opens sounds like a pissed off possom which is kind of annoying, but its not to bad

all in all. aaron does good work. just make sure u can get the little bracket thing off before u install the pipe. 1 bolt on mine was rounded off so at first i heard it raddling but a nice clamp fixed that :)

Aaron who?

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
I am still contemplating whether or not to get it re-routed or just release to the atmosphere. If it makes any difference, I have the RSR GT-2 exhaust.

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
IJ.;1329718 said:
Personally I'd reroute as the one time you get on it hard will be the time the EPA inspector points his mic at you or the cop is 2 cars over...

Well, in Illinois I wouldn't have to go for emissions. But, how much power do you think I'd lose by getting it re-routed?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
IJ: you wouldn't hear it over the RSR :rofl:

As my car is relatively quiet, I'm tiring of my DDP... though I do like it when I get a bit pissed in traffic...

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
im also looking for a ddp, but everyone seems to hate the open ones. ive never actually heard one. also can someone explain to me the advantages of the ddp, i know they make more power but how? im guessing less backpressure, but wouldnt the recirculated have the same backpressure as a normal dp?

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
Poodles;1329784 said:
IJ: you wouldn't hear it over the RSR :rofl:

As my car is relatively quiet, I'm tiring of my DDP... though I do like it when I get a bit pissed in traffic...

lol, so what are you saying for a RSR exhaust? re-routed or no?

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
I personally prefer the recirculated DDP's. You get a lot of the benefit of a divorced dp and not as much noise as you get from an open pipe.

The flex section is a good thing to have as well imo, as it helps allow the system to move somewhat, a little insurance from sustaining damage at the turbo and/or exhaust manifold when you bottom out over stuff. Makes it easier when installing the DP as well in some cases.

Go ceramic on your manifold and dp if you can afford to do it and find someone who does quality work. Makes a big difference in underhood temps, and that'll help keep your rubber and plastic pieces there intact longer.

Just my opinions as a relative noob, take them for what they're worth. Good luck with your system whatever you choose.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Poodles;1329810 said:
if you have an RSR, you obviously don't care about noise or drone, so you could go DDP...

I personally like the sound of the RS*R exhaust. Of course, I like being obnoxious :biglaugh: