BIC ddp, straight pipe and apex intake

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
Sawbladz;1192232 said:
Then I would buy an electric cutout. All the loudness when you want but it can be sensible the other 90% of the time. Have your cake and eat it too. :)

and that's exactly my plan!
i was so close to buying one, but im holding off for now. I'm gonna quiet it as it is now and get that electic cutout. i cant wait:icon_bigg

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
Again I'm not going to say the car isn't loud/obnoxius at wide open throttle with the dump tube off the wastegate - It is. But everyone I have talked to about the car (Friends/family/car enthusiasts) can't believe the car has no mufflers on it when they hear it idling or just cruising by. If people like my gf's/grandmother/sister/mom don't think its obnoxious, when the waste gate stays closed at least :), I would think it is not too bad.

I do understand that at times it is nice to have a much stealthier car with a more subdued exhaust.

I really like the sound of the turbo through the exhaust as well but at some point I do plan to put a 3" exhaust on it, probably the Nur Spec.

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
i have a 3" megan racing dp, tapered to a 2.5" exhaust to an n1 muffler, and my car from the outside is actually much quieter than i wanted it to be, with no cats..

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
theKnifeArtist;1191886 said:
so thats what my dump pipe sounds like from outside, huh?
nasty!!
if there a muffler on that?
i think the 2.5" gives a little bit of a different sound.
i remember i used to drive around with just a DDP and that was all sorts of loud.

Right after I turboswapped, I ran around w/ a BIC DDP, and nothing else. Did that for about a month or so. I loved it.

rs4rush;1192242 said:
It also smells bad!

Lies! I <3 rich air.

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
shaeff;1192953 said:
Right after I turboswapped, I ran around w/ a BIC DDP, and nothing else. Did that for about a month or so. I loved it..

Somtime back, I too ran around w/ a BIC DDP , and nothing else. Did that for about a month or so. I loved it! :biglaugh:

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
theKnifeArtist;1195811 said:
Somtime back, I too ran around w/ a BIC DDP , and nothing else. Did that for about a month or so. I loved it! :biglaugh:

Lol, I too will run around w/ a BIC DDP, and nothing else for maybe a month or so, just because I feel as though I'm missing out!