BIC ddp, straight pipe and apex intake

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
Made a video to show people what the BIC DDP sounds like with a straight pipe on a relatively stock car. The beginning is a lot of part throttle stuff since I figured people might like that to help decide if this is the right DP for them. You always see a lot of questions about the DDP so i figured this might help out some... Plus I felt like having some fun with the car tonight :)

Sorry for the photography, my sister did the video taping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4n6zm2qRu0

Last edited:

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
not bad... i think it might have a different tone because its a 2.5'' exhaust, rather than a 3''... and that does affect the sound and resonance of the exhaust.

but it sounds beastly.

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
Pernilongo - The DB level in the car is fine (it is loud at certain rpms that it resonates at) but it is easy to find a gear to cruise in that it doesn't make much noise (it seems right around 2k rpms it can get pretty loud under load). On the highway you can tell it has an exhaust system but I would guess its only a few decibels louder than stock. I have taken it on a few 3 plus hour highway drives and haven't thought it was too loud.

when the DDP opens up it is LOUD, especially with the windows open. Truthfully I am also surprised I haven't been pulled over with it yet.

Just noticed I called it a BIC exhaust instead of a DDP in the thread title...maybe a mod can fix that for me...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
supradjza80;1190927 said:
Just noticed I called it a BIC exhaust instead of a DDP in the thread title...maybe a mod can fix that for me...

Fixed.

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
so thats what my dump pipe sounds like from outside, huh?
nasty!!
if there a muffler on that?
i think the 2.5" gives a little bit of a different sound.
i remember i used to drive around with just a DDP and that was all sorts of loud.

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
It did indeed sound like a truck. I live next to a factory or something like that and a wheeled front end loader type of machine with no muffler goes roaring back and forth sometimes and it sounds just like this. Ill have to record it one day. I still like it tho. I had an imitation DDP but i never got to run it :(

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
sounds like a tractor.

i ran a open dp for about 5min then realized it was way to loud. too much of a cop magnet for me. i didn't really notice any power gain from it being open either. it made my nurspec sound like a hybrid when compared. LOL.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Meh, loud for the sake of loud never made any sense to me. Seems like you're trying to piss people off for no good reason. I can't see how that is even close to being acceptable in the car. I get comments from people who ride in my car that they think it is kinda loud. My DDP is rerouted, I have a muffler, cat and a resonator. I bet your neighbors love it...

Also, I have heard a 7M with a straight pipe in person before. It didn't sound good then either. Just one guys opinion.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
theKnifeArtist;1192197 said:
i see where you're commin from buddy, but i'm not gonna lie, i loOoove the sound of an open turbo:)

Then I would buy an electric cutout. All the loudness when you want but it can be sensible the other 90% of the time. Have your cake and eat it too. :)