BHG, so many options!

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
Either if your looking for it to be a daily driver, or to make more power, you should go with the MHG if you have to do a head gasket job. That's my opinion. If you have to do it, do it right the first time. And if it were me I would go ahead and rebuild the engine while its out. It will be alot cheaper to do it at that point then later on down the road. And after that you know your ready for some good power as long as it is a good shop that's done the work. Also, just because they say they have worked on supra's before doesn't mean they will necessarily do it right. Believe me, I know ;) I had a shop completely build a 7mgte for me, the guy said he had worked on many supra's before. I trusted him, that motor turned out to be a complete failure in many ways. As for the 2j swap being near the same price,, that's completely wrong. Even if you were to do the swap yourself it would still cost a decent amount more than rebuilding the 7M. However, if you do have the extra cash I would say go for the swap. The 7M is a great motor, but if you have the money and the option to do so I would say do the 2j swap as you will most likely be happier in the long run.

Either way, just ensure your choice is carried out properly and you will be happy with it! Good luck!

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
Either if your looking for it to be a daily driver, or to make more power, you should go with the MHG if you have to do a head gasket job. That's my opinion. If you have to do it, do it right the first time. And if it were me I would go ahead and rebuild the engine while its out. It will be alot cheaper to do it at that point then later on down the road. And after that you know your ready for some good power as long as it is a good shop that's done the work. Also, just because they say they have worked on supra's before doesn't mean they will necessarily do it right. Believe me, I know ;) I had a shop completely build a 7mgte for me, the guy said he had worked on many supra's before. I trusted him, that motor turned out to be a complete failure in many ways. As for the 2j swap being near the same price,, that's completely wrong. Even if you were to do the swap yourself it would still cost a decent amount more than rebuilding the 7M. However, if you do have the extra cash I would say go for the swap. The 7M is a great motor, but if you have the money and the option to do so I would say do the 2j swap as you will most likely be happier in the long run.

Either way, just ensure your choice is carried out properly and you will be happy with it! Good luck!

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
wow, something is messed up with this thread. When I posted earlier it said it was on page one and it didn't actually put my post up untill now and it did it 3 times??

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
MK3Jay;1847064 said:
Rebuild looks like the way im going to go. Any suggested parts, brands, or list of what exactly I would need? I'm trying to shoot for the best if the best.

Just go over what your goals are with Jose. He will help you figure the best route. I'm sure he can get a better picture of what you'd want to do once he sees the car.

Off Topic...where did all of these new SoCal guys come from? LoL. I guess since SCS is down, this is where everybody migrated?

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
Off Topic...where did all of these new SoCal guys come from? LoL. I guess since SCS is down, this is where everybody migrated?[/QUOTE]

well the new scs is stilll up but its not the same. SM seems to have more activity,knowledge and cool people :)

MK3Jay

Jun 4, 2012
LA
Appreciate all the support guys! Thing is...hmm how do I say this. She never blew up o_O I'll post a new thread and go more into detail there because I think im just scaring myself. As for a rebuild im thinking titan motorsports complete head of course hks stopper style mhg with arm studs, forged pistons and titanium rods. Ya that seems like im over doing it but im trying to get the most I can out of her :).

cmoser18

Jun 2, 2012
Utah
You could also consider a 1jz swap. Not nearly as expensive as a 2jz swap but will cost more than a 7m rebuild.