Beware This ebay user!

suprahabsfan

Boost Addict
Sep 28, 2007
Sylvania, OH
He is listed under umbrella_aero_corp on ebay. He "sells" a 3 hole bomex replica lip for $85 plus $70 for shipping. I bought one. After a week of emailing and him and him not responding, he tells me he is going to refund my money due to complications with paypal. I checked with paypal, it went through fine. So i said whatever and let him refund my money. After a week no money. I emailed him and asked where my money was. His response was "he sent it out to the wrong person" and that he was sending it right then. A week and a paypal claim later and still havent received the money. The claim was decided in my favor since I forwarded them the emails, and they are attempting to recover, but I am not hopeful. BEWARE!!! $155 gone!

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Ummm........ good insite, just keep looking in F/S section and you can score one for under the $150 mark. Also Nick S. Always seem to have a sale on bomex replica 2 and 3 hole lips every month or so. Sorry to hear about your loss, but if you filed a paypal clam he has 4-6 weeks to refund your money or make every thing all good, or paypal dose it automatically for him :) Trust me I have had this happen to me where the seller would not answer any emails and paypal just gave me my money back since he didnt answer.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
92nsx;1066755 said:
Sorry to hear about your loss, but if you filed a paypal clam he has 4-6 weeks to refund your money or make every thing all good, or paypal dose it automatically for him :) Trust me I have had this happen to me where the seller would not answer any emails and paypal just gave me my money back since he didnt answer.

Unless the seller has no money in the account and then abandons the account (or makes a new one with different info). If there is no money to take they wont do anything. I am still owed $45 from a guy who never shipped me an FC turbo manifold from last summer.

suprahabsfan

Boost Addict
Sep 28, 2007
Sylvania, OH
Today paypal pulled the money from his bank account, but they are saying that I have to wait till it clears his bank account before it gets deposited into my paypal? Doesnt make sense to me.