Ben's 7M Lipp Boss Jr Build

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
It is nice to see a planned out project, rather than just throw a big turbo on the high milage car and wonder why it breaks. I like the valve cover.

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
My supra is now in the hand's of my friend Keith, and I have 100% confidence that he will do an awesome job. In addition to the swap and installation of all the new things I've gotten, Keith will also be doing the following:

Installing new boost, water temp, oil pressure gauges in the stock locations behind the glass.
Installing a bunch of suspension goodies (springs, struts, sway bars, traction bars).
Installing braided fuel lines
Installing a new fluidyne radiator.
Tuning it all on a dyno.

He's had the car now for about a week, and I'm hoping to have her back by mid-May. Although I did tell Keith not to rush on anything. As he sends me build pics, I will post them here.

Thanks for following along. I'm really itching to drive her again! Today it was mid 60°s here in Wisconsin!

Ben

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
So here we are in June, and I don't have her back yet. Keith is still working on the swap, and of course some things have come up here and there. No big deal. I need some new parts for the AC if I want that to be operable, and I NEED ac! I am missing some mounts for the intercooler, I never received the fuel pressure gauge in my AFPR kit, and I need a shifter bushing. So I'll take care of these things, and hopefully that will be it. I really want to start her up by mid-June, but that is just days away...

I do miss her!

Ben

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
benk777;1181856 said:
I received my MKIV fuel pump, and will be ordering the AFPR kit from SS soon, along with an Innovate wideband kit.

Your last post was last year. I was wondering. Did you just drop that pump in and use the factory two speed operation, or by pass the two speed resisitor?

How is the car? I have mine on, but haven't done a dyno or tune and have boost adjusted low.

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
I'm waiting too. She's hibernating through the winter in the garage. Keith thinks the wiring harness is the cause for some major hiccups on the dyno. So I'll either send my harness to Phoenix to be refurbished or take my chances on a used one.

He also thinks tuning via the Neo is pointless. So I may be looking for an AEM system. Who knows, I could just end up parting it out...

Ben

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
The links to most of the pics were broken, so I fixed some of then tonight. The status of this project has definitely changed. I will likely part this car out, with exception of the rims, fuel lines, AFPR and radiator. The sad thing is that it really only needs a repaired wiring harness, but the overall length of this process has caused me to grow fatigued of it. The plan now is to purchase Spaniard's 90 2JZ, swap my rims on it, and call it a day.

So, hit me up with PMs if you're curious about any parts off the car. It will get asked, so I will also let you know that the rust on the underbody and rear wells did not help matters at all. It's quite a shame, but my loss will be someone else's gain. Also, if someone is interested in the entire vehicle, as is, I would definitely entertain offers.

Thanks for following this build thread. Sorry to disappoint.

Ben

1000000351.JPG

BOOSTEDSUPRA

THE DRIVELINE GUY
Jan 4, 2007
turlock, calif
my last dyno with my boss jr 60-1 was 410 at the wheels...stock block no tune. but with supporting mods. now the motor is built and sporting an aem puter. my goal with that boss jr is mid 5's at the wheels. on paper it pans out to high 5's...well see. havent been able to get ahold of jack for many months..not sure whats going on there. :) i know he wanted to hear of my results.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
mk3-4-me;1725772 said:
I bought the car from him... Love it! Lol

WOW! I can't BELIEVE we might have CLOSURE and REBIRTH from this after all!!!

Listen, start a thread on it and post the link here! We want PICS and "...THE REST...OF THE STOOORY!..."

Congrats! Sounds like a good car.

-crisp

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
hey i just saw this. but i only bought the shell off of Ben.

Im currently building my own 7m for his shell. I actually have everythign i need, just gotta put it together. Im going for about 700 on race gas and 600-650 on pump/meth this year.

Ill be starting my own build thread, but i hate when ppl start one up and then still have to do shit, because it just gets to long and off topic.

But ill have my crazy build up soon here. :)

moorman

Not a Lurker, Voyeuristic
May 17, 2005
San Diego, CA
members.provalue.net
For the sake of having a set of posted data for this turbo, I'll add mine.

Compression ratio of my build is 8.9:1. Base timing set at 12. Lexus/550s. Stock FPR. AFR tuned to 11:1 Boss jr 60-1 @21psi
dyno_july19_2014.jpg

Last edited: