Ben's 7M Lipp Boss Jr Build

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
I have subsribers? Awesome! Just makes me want to log on to suprasport and order more goodies! I can't let the public down, right?

As for the IC, the core measures 18.5"x6"x3.5". 2.5"in/out. Overall size is 20"x12"x3.5".

I'll post pics as soon as they are on LOA's website.

Oh yeah, I spoke with Keith recently, and I am ordering new motor mounts from JS Toyota, and a MKIV TT fuel pump kit from DM. I'll probably also order the AFPR kit from SS. What I haven't decided on yet is how I'm going to tune this thing. From what I hear, Apexi SAFC might be the easiest way to go, right?

Ben

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
Here is the engine bay as of right now. I miss driving her. I haven't even started her up since the coolant leak at the back of the engine. I haven't yet figured out how I'll get her from Waukesha to Milwaukee. Those coolant hoses back there are hard to see.

Ben

IMG_3385-600x450.jpg

wesbeech

Beech Performance Motorsports
Feb 26, 2006
Akron Ohio
benk777;1161929 said:
Here is the engine bay as of right now. I miss driving her. I haven't even started her up since the coolant leak at the back of the engine. I haven't yet figured out how I'll get her from Waukesha to Milwaukee. Those coolant hoses back there are hard to see.

Ben

IMG_3385-600x450.jpg

Yes they are. That happend to me once i thought it was a bhg. So i tore it all apart hed off everything. Then i saw it was just that damn hose i was pised.

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
Yeah, I thought it was BHG too! I got to work, and smoke was coming out of the engine bay. Then I saw coolant forming a little river under my car. Smoke was from the coolant getting on my dp.

Ben

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
Here's an update: Pat at LOA received the core engine, and it is going to the machine shop this week. Here are a few pics of the "before".

Ben010-600x450.jpg

Ben007-600x450.jpg

Ben002-600x450.jpg

Also, I placed an order with DM for the MKIV TT fuel pump. I'll keep you posted.

Ben

webbs7mgte

Jun 2, 2008
wisconsin
very nice ben keep up the work ill be sure to make my way to see her when weather gets nice and you bring her back out and i told you my little plan so maybe a supra meet is in the works. Like i said before you have me email and my phone number let me know if any help is needed like while that motor is out of the bay clean her up real nice and get her gleaming some simple max and a soft wire wirebrush :naughty:.and no you can;t let the public down thats a big upset +1 to progress

spooln30

Sep 28, 2006
milwaukee,WI
Ben you have more posts on SM than me!!!LOL!!
LMK when your ready to start this build as I go along I will take pics so you can show on the forums. Also are you planning on running EVAP and EGR or not. Now in WI you don't have to run the car on the rollers so you won't need that crap anyways. I take that crap off most of my cust. cars. They make block off plates for the 7M on SupraSport.

Later Keith

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
Keith! What's up man! I'm glad to see you found my build thread, especially since you're playing such an integral part in the project. As for the EGR and EVAP, I hadn't really put any thought into it. Is it mainly just an emissions thing?

So guess what.......I received the turbo today! It's still in the unopened box in the garage. I'll tear it open later and take some quick pics to post....once the wife goes to sleep.:evil2: Thanks again Jack for the super service and quick shipping. He litterally sent it yesterday, and I got it today. Now that's service!

Pat, what's the status on the rebuild? I know it was going to the machine shop this week. Keep me updated.

CF: Pics of the turbo tonight!

Thanks.

Ben

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
benk777;1167498 said:
Well in Wisconsin there aren't emissions tests on 89 vehicles.

Ben

There will be.

http://news.yahoo.com/election/2008/dashboard

Those devices do good things, and cost you no horsepower. Many think it is an eyesore, all the vacuum lines, and I agree. But you should use them. No reason to waste fuel at these prices. That is what EVAP does. It take evaporated fumes from the tank and puts in in your intake.

EGR lowers combustion temps, reducing NOx and the likelyhood of detonation.

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
So anyway, on to the pics. I will apologize for the crappiness, but the turbo is shrink wrapped so nicely, that I don't really want to open it right now. But here it is, in all of it's shrink wrapped glory!

1000000435.JPG

1000000436.JPG

1000000437.JPG

1000000438.JPG

1000000439.JPG

Thanks for checking out my build thread. I'll post better pictures when I open it up!

Ben

Last edited:

spooln30

Sep 28, 2006
milwaukee,WI
Nick M;1167509 said:
There will be.

http://news.yahoo.com/election/2008/dashboard

Those devices do good things, and cost you no horsepower. Many think it is an eyesore, all the vacuum lines, and I agree. But you should use them. No reason to waste fuel at these prices. That is what EVAP does. It take evaporated fumes from the tank and puts in in your intake.

EGR lowers combustion temps, reducing NOx and the likelyhood of detonation.

And as far as no emissions in WI the law just changed in July of 2008 for car/trucks 95 and older(OBD1) When I lived in Chicago in 2006-2007 their law also changed to the same affect of WI. They won't go back to testing all cars because they did a study and the percent of OBD1 cars on the road it was not worth the extra budget it was costing to run all of the stations in WI they would rather just plug in a car to check the system or have repair shops or dealerships do the testing and elimate the stations in all.

Last edited: