Ben's 7M Lipp Boss Jr Build

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Subscribed. Looks good man. If you want to go for coilovers after you get the engine done, there's a shop down here that is a Tein dealer, great price on the SS. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

What's that intercooler rated to HP wise?

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
Pat informed me today that he received some of the goods going into my build. Some pics are below. I received my MKIV fuel pump, and will be ordering the AFPR kit from SS soon, along with an Innovate wideband kit. I spoke with Rustin at Boomslang and they are making me a plug and play wire harness adapter for the Apexi Neo that I plan on ordering soon. As always, pics will come when I receive the items.

It snowed in Wisconsin today, and I really haven't been thinking about the Supra that much lately. Comes with the season I guess. The block is scheduled to be done at the machine shop by this weekend, so pics of that will follow as well. I'm assuming Keith will be performing the swap sometime in December.

That's it for now.

Ben

Ben001-1-600x450.jpg

Ben003-1-600x450.jpg

Ben004-1-600x450.jpg

Supradude7mgte

Throttle happy teenager..
Oct 14, 2008
Norfolk VA
nice lookin parts. i love the smell of new parts.

good luck in wisco, i just moved from oconomowoc in the begining of this last summer. i am sitting in 55 degrees and the leafs are still on the trees in virginia.

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
Things have somewhat slowed down on this project, but I think that's mainly due to the fact that I've ordered and received everything that is necessary for the build. I got the Neo, the wiring harness, the AFPR kit, and the egr blockoff. Pat will be working on assembling the engine this week, so now I just need to work out a time that is good for Keith, and hopefully we'll get this swap done in January or February. It's all good, we've got over 12" of snow on the ground, so the Supra's not gonna be seing the roads any time soon.

Here are some pics of the block. I should have more by next week. Thanks for the good work and for keeping me informed on the progress Pat. I'll be checking the LegendsofAces website this week for assembly pics!

Ben

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
Man, I really am getting anxious to get this engine in, and to get driving once all the snow/ice/salt are gone!

I spoke with Pat today at LoA and the engine should be ready to ship by next Monday. Now I just have to coordinate with Keith when he can work on it. I think his Supra is currently in his garage having a 2J swap performed, so my swap may have to wait. It's all good though, as Pat assured me he could hold my engine until needed.

Thanks again Pat, for all of your work on this. Pat, are you still out there on SM???

Ben

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
nice build so far man...good luck with everything!

Im curious on you impressions of the boss jr once your up and running.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Great to see such a methodical build with the BOSS Jr. turbo. I may be choosing that option myself and I would love to see how it will meet my needs.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
Im really curious to see how the lipp Jr. performs and what you think of it once you get your car together.. i have the full Lipp boss series turbo.. just curious to see what numbers the lipp jr. will put down. Good luck on the build!

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
Thanks for all of the interest. It's mid February, and we just had a taste of 60° weather here in Wisconsin. It got me thinking of the Supra and the day that I'll finally be able to drive it. It's back to being cold, and I found out that the battery has died, oh well.

I'm having Pat at Legend of Aces dress the engine up with a few extras, all to help pass the time I guess. Keith's garage bay hasn't cleared yet, so we're just waiting. No problem though, not as if I'd be able to enjoy her if she was done and built anyway. It might actually be worse to have her ready to go, but no being able to drive her til May or so.

One question: Should I get a new radiator? The last time I drover her in September or October, she started leaking coolant badly. Is there any chance the current radiator is just rusting away over the winter?

I'll end the babbling for now.

Ben

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Don't you hate when we get a little warm weather just to screw with us...lmk when you want a rad

You could leave the cheese state an djust come pick up a rad

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Is your ACT pressure plate the Xtreme version? If so, you might want to consider swapping that 6-puck for an ACT organic street disc. I put that combo into my car because I hated the rough engagement of my 6-puck. It is now smooth as butter and rated to hold 522 torque.

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
Update --

I spoke with my friend Keith who will be performing the swap, and he can get me in soon. So I contacted Pat at LegendofAces and he will be finalizing the rebuilt next week, so Keith should have the engine within 2 weeks. I'm hoping to have her all swapped out, running, and back in my garage by April 1! Actually anytime in April would be fine with me...

Ben

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
Awesome! I have the lipp boss jr as well. Got it off horsepowerfreaks as a replacement for the ct-26 that i had with bad shaft play. I can't wait to see what kind of power you make. My car blew its headgasket so i won't know what kind of power i make for a long while....

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
Boxed up and ready to go! This bad boy ships on Friday, and should be in Keith's hands by next Friday. It's all up to Keith then to make the magic happen. I plan on staying out of his way and letting him do his thing.

Here are some pics of the 7M in the box. Thanks to Pat at www.legendofaces.com for making this all happen. She looks good Pat!

3408013605_43e8748551.jpg

3408821498_a8c7524d44.jpg

3408817632_c7c139eb79.jpg

3408817924_713b0ba8de.jpg

Here is a link to the full set: http://s465.photobucket.com/albums/rr12/Legendofaces/Bens Package Two 7MGTE/?albumview=grid

Thanks again to Pat for building this engine for me. I can't wait to have it purring in the Sup. Thanks to Jack as SS for the constant hook ups. And thanks to Keith for all the advice along the way, and for all of the labor he's about to put into this. Oh yeah, and thanks to Saki for the recent mentoring...it's funny who you meet by random chance.

Updates to follow...

Ben