BCL GT wings for MKIII interest thread.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
I have recent contacted Big Country Labs about creating a GT wing for the MKIII. These wings are rad> They have to sizes avaiable FD legal and Manly size which is 2.5 inches taller. Now these wings are Tall as fuck and are wide as rosie o'donnells ass. If you don't have balls don't bother. We would need between 7 and 10 and the price is 530.

http://bigcountrylabs.com/
DSC02777.jpg

7088855379_c93198afe8_o.jpg

As you can see this isnt for the faint of heart and shouldn't be mounted on an otherwise stock car.:biglaugh:

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
i do agree that gt wings look awesome on our cars but i feel that the ones on that sight are frankly just too redneck......
so im including pics of what i think is a proper gt wing for our car looks like

p1864580_1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
mattsplat72;1864559 said:
I have recent contacted Big Country Labs about creating a GT wing for the MKIII. These wings are rad> They have to sizes avaiable FD legal and Manly size which is 2.5 inches taller. Now these wings are Tall as fuck and are wide as rosie o'donnells ass. If you don't have balls don't bother. We would need between 7 and 10 and the price is 530.

http://bigcountrylabs.com/
DSC02777.jpg

7088855379_c93198afe8_o.jpg

As you can see this isnt for the faint of heart and shouldn't be mounted on an otherwise stock car.:biglaugh:

I think their universal one will fit of you want to use it. Looks ok on a race car, if a little too high (not like that can't be changed)

Maple191;1864570 said:
No offence but leave that to Civic Nation.

Rear wing + FWD = does not compute

rodama5anthony;1864580 said:
i do agree that gt wings look awesome on our cars but i feel that the ones on that sight are frankly just too redneck......
so im including pics of what i think is a proper gt wing for our car looks like

p1864584_1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Those look terrible... Hell, the second one isn't even at an angle of attack that would do anything.

Real wing in action:
p1864584_2.jpg

p1864584_3.jpg

p1864584_4.jpg

p1864584_5.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0228.jpg
    100_0228.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 11

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
Haha I just got given the link to these the otherday shipping to NZ would be way too much and I already have a 1700mm wing for mine just gotta make some taller mounts as mines only 250mm high I want about 350mm I think these are badass can't wait to fit mine but then again mine ain't no stock mk3 will have mine next week if you want pics to see how these would look on a mk3 only with smaller brackets

Go big or go home ;)

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Actually, if you're doing anything with a lot of speed and want the rear-end of your car to remain firmly planted, these things can make ridiculous amounts of down-force (when tuned properly).

GL, Matt. I don't really do anything that I'd need one, both functional or aesthetic, but pursue it if that's what you're after.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You know, with what I have in mind with the widebody, it might look alright on my car. Just not my taste. Good luck though!

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I'd have one of these on my car if it has the right amount of power to effectively put these wings to use. Good luck tho, don't mind the opinions of others, it's not like you just want some huge wings just because.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
As my car is and most likely will always be a street car, I woudn't use one of these. However, if I was running at the track every weekend, I would definitely consider this.
-AM3

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
If someone is intending to track their car one of these wings would be great, especially one made specifically for our cars. I don't care for the style much on a car that wont see track time, but more parts availability for those who can make use of these wings? I see no issue.

D.J.T.;1865340 said:
Look at SW's MKIV Supra. running 8's without a wing.
Implying these wings are made for drag racing.

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
if anyone want to know if the work.... yes they work and normally they are adjustables (in my car withe-blue second supra yes) and the most important if the desing is good they no need to have any angle to work because those wings have the effect of the airplane-wing but on the other way, the problem is if you only use the rear wing without other aero bits at the front to compensate or ....lowering the car more at the front than the rear to compensate (very important) because the understeering is acentuated a lot

-they look awsome in person than on the photos
-almost they have more carbon fiber than glass fiber because they need to be rigid
-the two blades are better for short tracks because the drag and the one blade is better for high speed tracks and on the lower angle is the best compromise downforce-drag coeficient (bigger=better)
-and ofcourse recomended on a lowered weight cars
- way the the high wins than lower wings? to use the laminar air lines with out turbulences http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pplOtFq_2PY
-here the last photos three month ago but now it have less weight and more details for the next track sesion

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
now I have two supras , one stock with Koni and mine full race prepared so I can compare ... jejejejeje nigth and day jajajajaja

more shots

here the rear wing at the middle position (to mutch understireeng)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
So much sand in this thread, wow... If I didn't already have a Regulus, I'd probably be all over this. Hell, not like I'm only building the car to a 7 anyway, might as well go for broke. :)

Question for the OP though... aside from keeping the suspension lower in front than rear, what would you suggest for those guys who like a level ride height (personally, I prefer the ass end up a bit higher), to keep them from understeering right off the track?

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
So, I have some modest interest here. I understand this isn't the best forum for these types of mods. I am going to go ahead and get the universal wing and then post pictures of it.

As far as the big wing bullshit. look at top fuel drag cars they have huge wings. Huge wings work and work well. These wings got ruined by FWD morons. But that is beside the point. I WANT A HUGE OBNOXIOUS WING...period. I don't have to justify it.

Te72 as I am the OP, I assume your are asking me that last question and to that I have no answer.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Indeed, I was curious what your plan was to increase front downforce as well. Nothing wrong with planting the ass down, until you need to turn and realize you've effectively generated lift with all that rear downforce... Given what I've seen of your car, it should look good. I do find it a little funny how defensive you've gotten in this thread, it's your car, but it is even funnier how anal people are about YOUR car and your choice to offer something like this.

That is the part I really don't get. :p

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
here is my wing finally got it last night now obviously the brackets are different the ones on the BCL look better than mine will get some new ones soon these are off my old gt wing but the width on this is the same as the BCL wing 1700mm

p1867616_1.jpg

p1867616_2.jpg

p1867616_3.jpg

p1867616_4.jpg