BCL GT wings for MKIII interest thread.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
mytmk3;1867616 said:
here is my wing finally got it last night now obviously the brackets are different the ones on the BCL look better than mine will get some new ones soon these are off my old gt wing but the width on this is the same as the BCL wing 1700mm
How much camber are you running in the rear? Any rubbing? I recently found out that I'm effectively only using about 70% of my contact patch in the rear... need to square off the alignment in the back a little more on mine. :)

Your car looks quite nice though.

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
-2 deg camber in the rear they guy that did my alignment said that's all he could get on my current ride height I wanted less only rubs when I hit large bumps at speed and steep driveways.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I'm probably going to use your car as a reference point as far as wheel fitment goes. Ideally I'd like 1° at the most in the rear. 2° would be fine for up front for me though. :)

Reason being, the roads here aren't exactly a nice clean surface, traction can be its own battle around here...

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
Haha we've had god knows how many earthquakes in the last 2 years our city center is still blocked off our roads are truly munted I make it around ok but traction is limited. If your car was a little higher than mine or had subframe risers then you could get the camber down I'm sure

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I'll probably run the rear a bit higher than it sits now. It is mostly level front to rear now, so a bit more height in the back should help nip the understeer as well as settle camber where it needs to be. :)