Ballpark HP figure?

pparrigo

India Delta OneZero Tango
Feb 12, 2008
WNY
I haven't been able to get my car to a dyno yet since I bought it, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a ballpark figure on what kind of power I'm making with the following modifications. ( I realize some of these are a little vague, previous owner was vague to me.)

Bored to 3.2L
Ross pistons
HKS 341 camshafts
3" exhaust from the downpipe back
TRD connecting rods
GReddy Profec B boost controller
HKS BOV
Fuel and air port/polish

I know none of that is anything special, but it still goes like stink.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, but i also acknowledge that my laundry list there is kinda useless.

Thanks

Last edited:

pparrigo

Feb 12, 2008
WNY
DegreE;1048730 said:
Are you tuned?

I'm going to go ahead and say no, as I haven't done it and I don't believe the previous owner knew enough to do it. I have yet to find a good weekend this season to do it.

pparrigo

Feb 12, 2008
WNY
Stock CT26. Anything else I didn't mention above is stock, sorry for the omission

Nocheez

Probably posts too much
Apr 17, 2005
Charlotte, NC
This is a waste of time without some sort of benchmark. Even a weight and full time-slip could be of some use, but you really should just go to a dyno and get tuned. Then you can let us know what you're putting out :)

pparrigo

Feb 12, 2008
WNY
Wow. I guess that comes out to about a .118" overbore... that is a little excessive. I used to have all of this in email form, but that email has disappeared along with his email address. I tried calling him a few weeks back but of course his number was disconnected.

Thanks to everyone who tried to answer, now I feel, deservedly, like a moron.

I guess it never hurts to try snail mail.

pparrigo

Feb 12, 2008
WNY
I've been looking for a dyno for a few weeks now, but the one I used to know about doesn't seem to exist any more. time to start looking harder.

I wouldn't hold your breath for any respectable numbers, something tells me I'm going to be a little disappointed when I get them back.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
well with those mods I dont see mention of a way to get substantially more air/fuel into the motor (besides the cams), so Im going to say you are probably putting out just over stock numbers depending on what you turn the boost up to. I would venture a ballpark figure of 250-260 at just under fuel cut.

pparrigo

Feb 12, 2008
WNY
I agree. I've been thinking about doing an intake job for a bit, but I haven't had the time to do any amount of research into it. I also don't know what happened to my fuel cut. It used to cut at just under 12 psi consistently, but I found a break in the hose between the 3000 pipe and the rest of the intake, fixed it, and the ecu decided that it could very well go to at least 15 psi without yelling at me. I turned the boost controller back down to ~13 to avoid any potential issues. I haven't seen anything that indicates the previous owner tried to get around fuel cutoff, but that doesn't mean anything.

I promise guys, I am not an idiot.

Nocheez

Probably posts too much
Apr 17, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I put down 275 at the wheels with a stock ct-26 at about 11 psi. You will probably see only 240 at the wheels if you're running stock boost with those upgrades.

pparrigo

Feb 12, 2008
WNY
On one hand, this thread is making me feel awful.:icon_razz

But, I'm also learning. And learning is good.

As wrong and misguided as this guy may have been in describing what was done to it and as retarded as I was not to question it at the time, it has given me over 12000 trouble-free and enjoyable miles since I bought it.

Hopefully, with some guidance, I can depart this path of ignorance and go down a slightly better road.

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
GotTurbos?;1048766 said:
Bored to 3.2L ? I highly doubt that. Contact the previous owner for more specs.

LOL....so many guys get suckered into nonsense from sellers. I had a guy alledgedly sell me a car with forged pistons and all and when i opened the engie due to malfunctions it was all stock. Buyer beware.......

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
If you cherry pick a late heavy block that doesn't have bad core shift and isn't erroded in the water jacket and get it sonic checked for thickness in the bores you can go bigger than +40 ;)

3.2L isn't happening though ;)
(was gonna call BS but the OP feels bad enough as it is)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
IJ.;1048893 said:
3.2L isn't happening though ;)
(was gonna call BS but the OP feels bad enough as it is)

3.2l 7m or 3.2l 7m by overbore?

And I do not think that 341 cams are possible, the largest I have seen are 280ish, and those will be in an already not so street friendly motor.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
foreverpsycotic;1048898 said:
3.2l 7m or 3.2l 7m by overbore?

And I do not think that 341 cams are possible, the largest I have seen are 280ish, and those will be in an already not so street friendly motor.

overbore of course.

never heard of anyone exceeding +60