Badass suspension!!! Made by Bose Audio!!!!

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
They've been talking about coming out with this suspension since 1988, maybe earlier(that's when I first heard about it). The lustre has worn off it for me. Other car companies are already ahead of them in their own designs. I know they haven't updated the info on that site since the last time I was there in 2005.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
We've had the technology to build this for a long time. Why hasn't it shown up in a production vehicle yet?

I suspect it's because car companies are run by car people. If Intel ever decides to start building cars, this will change. Until then, welcome to the same old same old.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
tlo86;1397673 said:
like any bose it will last a month then need to be replaced

Do they have a bad rep for reliability? I was unaware. I bought my parents a bose wave radio w/ cd player for christmas like 5 1/2 years ago. My mom rocks out with that thing all day everyday, and never had a problem with it. I'm not even sure if shes changed the battery in the remote, if so it was only once. Guess I got lucky.

Apr 1, 2005
WA
Flateric;1397918 said:
I can't imagine the energy requirments to continuosly energize this system are small. Actually I'm betting that this is why we havn't seen this or a similar system yet.

^what he said. add to that the extra complexity, major weight increase, major r&d expense required to get this in a production car, and the general impression that this is unneeded from all but enthusiasts, and you get a dead technology.

i really do want to see how beefy the electrical system is in that test car. i bet it rivals a hybrid in number of batteries.

also, what happens when the electrical system cuts out for some reason? suspension bottom out?

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
wheel_hub.jpg

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
screaminglemon;1398112 said:
^what he said. add to that the extra complexity, major weight increase, major r&d expense required to get this in a production car, and the general impression that this is unneeded from all but enthusiasts, and you get a dead technology.

i really do want to see how beefy the electrical system is in that test car. i bet it rivals a hybrid in number of batteries.

also, what happens when the electrical system cuts out for some reason? suspension bottom out?

The claim is that it requires less power the the lotus version that uses hydraulic pumps to accomplish the same goal. And lotus claimed that it required between 5 to 10 hp to power the pumps. so power requierments might not be a massive as you think, plus it regenerative. the big issue seems to be the massive size of the shock. It's the last thing Bose is looking to refine.