Just did mine two days ago(I did use night shades):

p111485_1.jpg

Seth

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
i posted a link to my step by step, that looks like a really cool light setup but i went low-tech on mine. $14 all said and done.

also, i didn't know you could pop the lenses out. any more info on how to do this without screwing everything up?

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
I believe that the lenses can be sealed back on w/ silicone. That way the silicone sealant absorbs moisture in the light too. Just a thought.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
I tried to pop them apart and it was about impossible. I am sure there is a way to maybe melt the adhesive but also there are pins pushed into the backing. Beats me, a coat of clear and mine will be $15 project well worth it.

Seth

NJsupraA70

Ex-Supra Owner
Sep 18, 2005
NJ
Seperating the taillight lens is not impossible. Also the center section is just clipped in place. Here is a writeup thanks to Ray(Polobai). :bigthumb:

polobai said:
First, remove all the bulb holders, and gasket from the tails. then heat up your household oven to 350 degrees farenheight and grab a cookie pan and some mits. Place the tails with the lense facing UP on the pan,(the studs pointing towards the bottom of the pan) and place in the oven for 4 minuites once the oven has FULLY warmed up. Take the lights out of the oven when done, and place on a cool surface(i used my fridge, but you can use a countertop) and start to pry up the lights CAREFULLY.Now our lights are old, so too much prying will crack the lens right in half(ask how i know) because the glue is so hard. you basically wanna pry up around the whole light and not just work from one side. keep prying the whole way around untill you can put your fingers around both sides of the lense and gently lift off EVENLY, as you lift off, you want to cut the glue with a sharp blade to remove the lense completly. after i cracked my first lense, i found it easier to use a heat gun to keep the glue melted long enough for me to pull off the lense. the second lense came off with no problems. Now to put them back on, place the light housing back in the oven @350 degrees for 3 minuites, to remelt the glue. Then once that is ready, take them out and place the lense back on the housing and make sure they are in there good(gently press then in). you should not have to use new silicone to seal up the housing, the old glue should work fine. you may use silicone if you like to be safe. To place them back on, make sure you heat up the housings in the oven, because i just did it with a heat gun, and a month later one of my lenses fell off and was lost :( -thats why i have the setup i have now for the lights(replica gains covers with custom lenses) let me know if you have any questions on this-but be careful! it helps to practice if you have a tail you dont need(like an <88style or an extra >89 style. thanks!

JNasty

i drive fast cars (supra)
Jun 25, 2005
Jacksonville fl
i think they the lights look

good but you know what looks like shit
the big word (supra) on the back of that green supra

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
bowtiebuba said:
they look like jdm fc rx7 tail lights i like em, if they were a lill cleaner it would be better but awsome idea man ive alwas loved those fc tail lights, i like em on your supra to post some more pics after u clean em up.

uhh.. i think ur refering to the s5 tail lights on the rx7's.. on the post 90 models.. maybe even the 89's i cant remeber... but its definately not jdm.. that would be like saying our 89+ tails are jdm... cwap face, i was thinking about doing that exact same thing.. but the circles arnt big enough for my liking :( like having a 2" exhaust sticking out the back..cool idea though

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
hope know one pointed this out but if so i am too :naughty:

bowtiebuba said:
they look like jdm fc rx7 tail lights i like em, if they were a lill cleaner it would be better but awsome idea man ive alwas loved those fc tail lights, i like em on your supra to post some more pics after u clean em up.

the FC lights with circles were not only JDM....but S5....all S5 tail lights had circles ASpec and JSpec

anyway, i did this mod to my tail lights too[right after reading the write up the day it was posted] anyway the point is i used 3" ABS conectors...the peice that is 3" ID so they are a little bigger than the original design. i like mine better....or liked mine better till i used caulk to fill in around the lights....for so damn reason:3d_frown: ...now i'm looking for a new set of pre89 lights......oh yeah mine are pre89

john

P.S. i see stratoayu has ma back on this non-JDM matter :biglaugh:

N

NDBoost