Awesome custom taillights

Arther3

Remember SOGI? I do
Apr 1, 2005
Starkville, MS
www.cardomain.com
i like those sabotage...
think im gonna do the i think "regulus" design and tape off the two circles and the white part for the turn signal before i spray mine like a guy posted earlier on here. i also agree that the guy who started the thread had a good idea just needed to make the circles bigger and take his time and do a lil better job next time...then im sure it will look tyte!

N

NDBoost

all i need is my Whale tail and front JZ lip and my car will be done exterior wise (minuse paint)

taping off circles and lines is too much of a pain, i just painted the whole thing lol with them ON the car. Masked it all off and wham bam thank yah maam!

Arther3

Remember SOGI? I do
Apr 1, 2005
Starkville, MS
www.cardomain.com
Sabotage said:
taping off circles and lines is too much of a pain, i just painted the whole thing lol with them ON the car. Masked it all off and wham bam thank yah maam!

haha thats what im doin! right there on the car! just gonna use round stickers for the circles and/or a hobby knife.

N

NDBoost

yeah well when i went to throw the clear coat on the rears it fucked up and ran, so i tried to wipe the run when it was wet and it took the tint off and left a finger print w/ no tint. So then i masked it all off once it was dry and attempted to correct the finger prints and now i just have a nice big dark square on my drivers side tail light. So now im going to have to rip the lights off get paint thinner and remove the tint and clear coat, sand them down and then retint and re clear coat.

Hopefully they will come out good this time.

Arther3

Remember SOGI? I do
Apr 1, 2005
Starkville, MS
www.cardomain.com
Sabotage said:
yeah well when i went to throw the clear coat on the rears it fucked up and ran, so i tried to wipe the run when it was wet and it took the tint off and left a finger print w/ no tint. So then i masked it all off once it was dry and attempted to correct the finger prints and now i just have a nice big dark square on my drivers side tail light. So now im going to have to rip the lights off get paint thinner and remove the tint and clear coat, sand them down and then retint and re clear coat.

Hopefully they will come out good this time.

sorry to hear....good luck!!

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
my plan is a combination of both ideas

i want to take my pre89 lights, seperate them atatch two 3" ABS conector circles to the inside and tint the outside

that whay they will be dark and when they light up it will be circles :D

john

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
update:

I took out the 3" circles and put in 4". Holy shit I think it looks just right now, not small and weak. Guide updated too

DSC_2515.jpg

DSC_6807.jpg

Last edited: