Dec 6, 2006
new jersey
its not that difficult bro wat u need to get its this
clutch pedal
break pedal
flywheel
manual drive shaft
five speed trans
o and i forgat u need to get the clutch line from driftmotion its nice and better
------
and the instalation its not that bad bro if u like the felling of a stick it is woth it bro ,gt

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
that list is a "little" off

master cylinder
slave clyinder
master to slave clutch line (driftmotion 1 piece stainless braded line)
transmission
driveshaft
engine-tranny wing bracket (one side is different, can't remember which)
clutch pedal assembly
brake pedal
flywheel with bolts
clutch disk and pressure plate with bolts
throw out bearing and associated washers
shifter w/good bushings (and a shift knob)
shifter boot
minor wiring (more wiring if you want a neutral safety switch)
I think the auto speedo cable will work
and some tranny fluid

this list is a little more complete

is it worth it? Depends on how much you want to have a stick

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
NewWestSupras;1005924 said:
Why do you have to change the master cylinder? Is their a fundamentental difference in them?

master cylinders are all the same from turbo to non. the slave cylinders are tranny specific though

bills has a good list, some poeple say their speedocables dont work, mine works fine its just a bit long (maybe half an inch) to make it fit funky but it works and i kept the auto instead of switching to the manual (unless that was just a year difference... 89 auto one two piece and the manual one was a one piece from an 88 trubo.

for a JZ engine you skip the brackets and change the flywheel to a 1jz one

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
It is a turbo. I am not looking to have the insane horspower as alot of guys around here have. I would like to get to 350-400 at most In the future. Is it reasonable to build there the stock auto tranny. What would be things to add. I have the stock 7mgte. I also have one that i got from my buddy I got the car from. It is bored .020 . head was ported and polished however it was a sloppy job. I am going to buy another head and use a different shop. i have a upgraded stock turbo. lexus AFM. I have venom 550cc injectors never used (I KNOW THEY ARE TRASH) i will get others. other mods to come to reach desired hp. I am just not sure if the stock auto tranny is going to hold. I just got it rebuilt. still in the shop as a matter a fact. If I need to or can build this one up before i swap I would rather.

Last edited:

Nocheez

Probably posts too much
Apr 17, 2005
Charlotte, NC
The stock transmission will not last above 300 horsepower without some serious modifications. There's at least two threads on Supraforums with detailed information.

I'm pretty much where you are with mods and I blew my second automatic within 12 months. I'm almost finished with the manual transmission swap, just waiting on a few more pieces that should arrive this week.

Good luck!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
88mk88;1008237 said:
I am gonna be doing a swap also and was wondering if the W58 driveshaft will work with the R154

Only the rear section. The front half is different.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
WELL after alot of research I have decided to keep the auto. I feel that i will not see a problem in the future. I did however talk to the shop my tranny is at. Asked them about the shimming mod for the actuators in the valve body. He informed me that he will have the guy boost the pressure up to compensate for the HP increase I have set as my goal. AMAZING what you will learn from that SEARCH KEY. I will leave the shifting to my 89 yota 4X4.

Nocheez

Probably posts too much
Apr 17, 2005
Charlotte, NC
kHaNg;1008522 said:
so whats the estimated pricing for a full manual swap?

The swap is going to end up costing me around $1500, but that's with having the transmission repaired/rebuilt so I know everything is good.