Atari: For those of you old enough to remember

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Atari (yes they are still alive) has brough brought back some of their classic arcade games online...

for FREE

http://www.atari.com/arcade

Asteriods, Battle Zone, Crystal Castle, Lunar Lander and then from the Atai 2600, Yars revenge and adventure....

don't burn to much time playing these games ;)

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
no sky jinks?? that was easily my favorite game on that system...

it sucks that all of those games stopped working on my system sometime in the early 90s.

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
i wonder how rare those systems are. i have one from when i was a kid with a box of games. only shitty part is the controllers crapped out on me so i can't play.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Sky Jinks was by Activision. Frogger was Parker Bros.

http://www.atariage.com/

Many of the ROMs for these old carts are here, along with links to emulators like Stella for the PC to play 'erm on. I have all of 'em and still play those old games now and then. All the ROMs excpet for those by Activision are considered freeware now.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Hmm...I've still got a 2600 with a bunch of games too, last I checked everything worked too. I don't think I'll be digging it out quite yet though.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Kangae;1458328 said:
Hmm...I've still got a 2600 with a bunch of games too, last I checked everything worked too. I don't think I'll be digging it out quite yet though.

Why would you have to? The AtariAge link is perfectly legal, not like other ROM sites because all the old Atari stuff is now public domain, meaning free to whomever wants it (except for Activision). So, a good emulator, a special USB adapter, an old Atari joystick and paddle (or a PC gaming pad and your mouse/trackball), and you have a perfectly emulated game system.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
missile command and tempest was my fav.

battlezone was lol, I always thought you could make it to the mountains when I was little

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
Drake69;1458336 said:
Why would you have to? The AtariAge link is perfectly legal, not like other ROM sites because all the old Atari stuff is now public domain, meaning free to whomever wants it (except for Activision). So, a good emulator, a special USB adapter, an old Atari joystick and paddle (or a PC gaming pad and your mouse/trackball), and you have a perfectly emulated game system.

Because there's something about playing the original system on a TV. Think of it this way, people want an original A/C Cobra even though there are kit car and remake cobra's with better brakes, etc.. It's the original.

That being said, I LOVED Yar's Revenge.