Are Supra's Ricers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
Not to long ago I got called a Ricer from some smuck in a eclipse that was leaning to the ricer side itself. I dont think having a good car with a goodlooking set of wheels and good system. What defines a "ricer"? Is it how loud your exaust is? Is it that I got a non-turbo supra? or is it just because i'm Asian? I think of a ricer when I see some dude talking trash who cant back it up.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
:ttiwwp:
Nawwww but, a Ricer is usually a visual "upgraded" car like flames and lightnig bolts with underglow and a 5inch can from autozone:bling:

cruisnhard

SM Member
Sep 27, 2007
Waupun, Wisconsin
I agree with above. Cars looking clean and smooth are great. Custom clean and smooth even better. But when you have a huge body kits and a fart can with no absolute reson for it then you could be considered a ricer. I have seen many na cars that are awesome. Also I have seen some cars with great custom mods that didnt just flow very well like it was missing something. You just have to remember to look at the whole picture not just the one piece of a vehicle. Also if that is your whip in the pic under your name then it does not look rice to me. This is just my opinion.

PS maybe he was being a jerk and said it cause you were asian.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
D34DC311;1158923 said:
I'm a ricer.
All go and no show....
O wait.

+1

Depends to whom you talk to. I have friends that feel that anything that was not made by an American car company is ricer.

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
a ricer is a car that looks like it can fly, sounds like a fart, and is as slow as one as well.

i dont think a supra falls under that category....however its the owner that makes that decision :3d_frown:

examples, if your wing is higher than your roof...you might be a ricer.

if your car can be confused for a crotch rocket by just the sound...you might be a ricer.

if you have stickers for mods you dont have.....if you have more than 1 sticker that says jdm....if your only mod is hood pins.......if you have a wing on a car with no ass (beer can hatches)..... if you consider a fart can, and a autozone intake cone "modded".......if your body kit doesnt even match the color of your car......if your body kit is ZIPTIED on (for none track/drift cars)
the list goes on but im late for work D:

edit** my favorite...if you take off your bumper and put on an intercooler that IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANYTHING!...well you need to be shot. (and yes there is an accord in the springs that has no bumper and a giant FMIC on it...but the 2 peices of piping connect to NOTHING.)

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
turbo87targa;1158940 said:
a ricer is a car that looks like it can fly, sounds like a fart, and is as slow as one as well.

i dont think a supra falls under that category....however its the owner that makes that decision :3d_frown:

examples, if your wing is higher than your roof...you might be a ricer.

if your car can be confused for a crotch rocket by just the sound...you might be a ricer.

if you have stickers for mods you dont have.....if you have more than 1 sticker that says jdm....if your only mod is hood pins.......if you have a wing on a car with no ass (beer can hatches)..... if you consider a fart can, and a autozone intake cone "modded".......if your body kit doesnt even match the color of your car......if your body kit is ZIPTIED on (for none track/drift cars)
the list goes on but im late for work D:

edit** my favorite...if you take off your bumper and put on an intercooler that IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANYTHING!...well you need to be shot. (and yes there is an accord in the springs that has no bumper and a giant FMIC on it...but the 2 peices of piping connect to NOTHING.)

Me and Mac_D on here met some guy at autozone named stickers.:biglaugh:

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
mattman;1158914 said:
Not to long ago I got called a Ricer from some smuck in a eclipse that was leaning to the ricer side itself. I dont think having a good car with a goodlooking set of wheels and good system. What defines a "ricer"? Is it how loud your exaust is? Is it that I got a non-turbo supra? or is it just because i'm Asian? I think of a ricer when I see some dude talking trash who cant back it up.

In my opinion its not the way your car looks or sounds or even performs. Its all about how you drive it and the way you persent yourself to other people. If your flyin around acting like an idiot causing wrecking and being wreckless then that makes you a huge ricer. But thats just me

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
"Ricer" aka "rice burner" started way back when Japanese motobikes began to dominate EVERYTHING they entered.

It's now become a bit Generic for anything Japanese but more specifically applies to bolton geegaw type mods like carbonfibre dry break filler stickers that go on the fuel door and many other "cosmetic" parts.

A lot of the older guys still view anything Japanese as being "rice".

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
mattman;1158914 said:

.....and? So he called you a ricer. So what? By him calling you a ricer did ANY of the following happen;

car broke?
you cried?
food magically disappeared from the table?
you got fired?

Why people put importance of what others think is quite troublesome.

Anyway, the worth of this thread is non-existant.

P.S A Supra's ricer?

You mean A Supra is A ricer?

Status
Not open for further replies.