Apexi Power Intake

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Sorry, was tired, was thinking the AEM dryflows (which are washable).

You can blow the Apexi's out from the inside with compressed air, but don't use too much pressure (read about someone using an electric leaf blower as well).

As I don't see anything about how often to replace and there are so many different numbers being thrown around, I'd replace it when it turns black, and more for the look than for the performance (as I bet it would still be working fine).

Mastapip

Apr 20, 2009
Ft. Worth Tx
Sorry to bump this, but The thread is relevant to my question.

I remember reading (I think it was on MVP's website) that they were washable, but I've also heard from multiple people that they are NOT washable... so anyway.

If you can't wash it, can you re-oil it or something?

Maybe this is a stupid question, but might brake cleaner do anything?

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
The Power Intake incorporates a newly developed material (layer filter of dry density fibers) which improves the element density. This allows maximum protection from foreign materials entering the engine. Compared with past model, the Power Intake has also succeeded in decreasing its ventilation resistance by about 10% (pressure loss) for maximum performance and protection. The Power Intake is dry-type filter and is trouble free. Some of the problems associated with wet type cleaners, such as oil sticking to the air flow meter, are a thing of the past. The Power Intake is basically maintenance free. Filter replacement, when necessary, can be done at a very low cost.

The replacement for the mkiii intake kit is part # 500-A021, 160mm OD, 85mm ID.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
RazoE;1553854 said:
don't run an oiled filter anyway, they wreak havoc on the AFM sensor...

use a dry-flow..

I have a K and N filter, they have a "Recharge" kit, it's oil,... should I not oil it?

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
Do they make this for an NA?? I have not been able find one for non turbos. I bought one once, because the salesperson said it did, but the elbow that came with it did not fit.

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
suprarx7nut;1555197 said:
I used one from an MR2 that worked perfectly in the mk3. :)

I've never seen a need to "clean" it beyond blowing it out a little with compressed air.

Is there a particular year for the MR2 that works the best for the MK3??

steve1479

Oct 9, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
There's kits available from A'pexi for the MA70's GA70's JZA70's & JZA80's

You can go on the english portion of A'pexi's site and view their product catalog. Then just go to your local performance supplier and order it.

HPF (I use them alot, I deal with Kris, tell him Steve from Canada sent you) is more than willing to order in parts from Japan if you want them.