Anyone seen this color MK3 before?

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
Hey guys

So I've been thinking about this for some time , and Ive seen the "red only, blue only" etc supra threads and I have never ever come across a car that has even vaguely the same color as mine.

My car is a brown 1987 Turbo(which is a bit of a mystery itself as its listed as a 86.5 in on the rego papers but i know for a fact that the first mk3's with a 7mgte where the 87's). Almost completely stock as it stands as I spun a rod bearing after owning it for only a month , and been rebuilding ever since - so no flaming for the stock look of my car - I plan to change that. Some volks+coilovers will do wonders for the stance(both of which I already have.Coilovers going in at the end of this month)

Anyway my question is , have any of you guys ever come across an MK3 of this color? If so please post a pic.

NB: Ive seen the MK3 color chart as well,cant find this color on there and I doubt the paint has faded enough to make it a different color , it must of been very similar to this when it rolled out of the factory.Definitely has not been painted over ie this is the stock color.

23lbl82.jpg

16hp9uu.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
aloshan;1754937 said:
so no flaming for the stock look of my car
Don't really have to worry about that too much, we're lovers here, not haters. ;)

Personally I always found the stock suspension to be a lot of fun off roading...

ValgeKotkas;1754958 said:
Color number-letter combination from the VIN plate would probably help.

This is true, check the plate on your firewall if your car still has it. Should be a 3 digit code under 'color' or 'paint', I forget which term is used. Tells ya a lot about your car actually... Oh, and as for the fading, it's usually only the plastic body bits that faded on my cars, the steel itself held up nicely for the most part. :)

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
S.A. supra;1755318 said:
This might help. Match your paint code.http://www.toyotareference.com/supra

wow that is a great resource. Unfortunately , looking visually , there are only really two types of brown and my car is neither color. the color that comes the closest is on a two tone car!

when i get my car back il have a look at the actual color code and we can get more technical about this :)

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
te72;1756200 said:
Looks like color code 920 to me...

thats amethyst metallic , far from beige metallaic.

things get even stranger , every mk3 aficionado who has seen my car is stunned by it. They have never seen the color + interior combination before. Its is technically a 86.5 but has the 7mgte motor in it....things just get stranger and stranger...

When I get the car back Il have a deeper look at all the codes and try and get to the bottom of this..

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
look on the plate on the firewall it will tell you the color code. fyi based on your frame number your car is actually a 87 model year car not a 86.5 it was built in 86 though. So its not so strange it came with a 7mgte

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
bioskyline;1756408 said:
doesnt dr. jonz have one that color??
Doubt it, hasn't he been out of the Supra game for a few years now?

JDMMA70;1756398 said:
look on the plate on the firewall it will tell you the color code.

Have you checked this yet? Pretty easy to find, unless by some chance your car doesn't have one anymore. I think mine was missing when I bought the car, so that could be the case here too. Also check in the door frame, I believe there is a sticker in there that tells you color code as well.

Rickstar22

Rocker...Not Hippie
Feb 22, 2011
Graham-Puyallup, WA
Looks like it could possibly be Brown Metallic (4H1). My friend just picked up a car almost the same color. I am going out there this weekend to look at it. I'll snap some pics, and check the paint code.