Anyone seen this color MK3 before?

tfhorst

Nov 2, 2011
pittsburgh
That is the same color as the top half of my car. Mine is twotone brown and biege.....with a lot of sun and such. Don't know how long they used the biege but the twotone onlt lasted a year and a half before they got rid of it.

I will dig up the color code from the door if you want. my neighbor, a body shop guy, is having a hell of a time getting that color right because of the rose undertone to it.

Oh just read the rest of the thread.....odd steering wheel....is there an air bag?

Attachments

• IMG_20111102_125535.jpg
    IMG_20111102_125535.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
tfhorst;1777153 said:
That is the same color as the top half of my car. Mine is twotone brown and biege.....with a lot of sun and such. Don't know how long they used the biege but the twotone onlt lasted a year and a half before they got rid of it.

I will dig up the color code from the door if you want. my neighbor, a body shop guy, is having a hell of a time getting that color right because of the rose undertone to it.

Oh just read the rest of the thread.....odd steering wheel....is there an air bag?

no thats a complete different colour you posted. Yes, steering wheel ( and possibly the entire front half) seemed to be taken from a later model supra. There are cruise control buttons but no airbag I believe....

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
aloshan;1777161 said:
Yes, steering wheel ( and possibly the entire front half) seemed to be taken from a later model supra. There are cruise control buttons but no airbag I believe....
That was the wheel they put on the 89-90 cars if I remember correctly. Before that they had a thinner spoke wheel, and after they went with the 4 spoke fat airbag wheels that nobody likes. :p

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Which steering wheel was used depends on where you are. In the USA, that steering wheel was only used for 89, for Canada it was used for 89-91, in Europe it was used for 89-93, for Japan it was used for 89-93, but the airbag was an option.

Jeff

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
aloshan;1777118 said:
yeah since then ive found all that out...with the link I posted above your post....

I also noticed after that you didn't post the VIN. The VIN for a Supra will be JT2MA70.....