Anyone out there in MI?

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
PCguylovesSupra;1294578 said:
Warm up already!!! I want to wax my car.

Heh, I hear ya. Fixed a couple of leaks this weekend but this seems to have either generated a new problem or it was just coincidence but still a new problem now. I posted all about it in my build thread on here.

I am still headed to the GVSU show this coming Saturday. Besides PCguy, anyone else headed to it? If PCguy or anyone else wants to meet up before the show and get spots together to keep all of the Supras in one spot feel free to PM me.

Also, there is a Grand Rapids meet (imports and domestics invited) at Jaycee park that seems to be shaping up pretty well. Details are over at XceedSpeed for anyone interested. It will be happening May 23rd so doesn't seem to interfere with anything. Already put it on my calendar to attend, hopefully some of y'all can attend as well.

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
Running up there together sounds great. I usually take 196, but can run over to the zoo then up 131. Anyplace you have in mind?

Weather looks like it might be pretty good. Mid 60's hopefully no rain.

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
milisakeracing;1294753 said:
Heh, I hear ya. Fixed a couple of leaks this weekend but this seems to have either generated a new problem or it was just coincidence but still a new problem now. I posted all about it in my build thread on here.

I am still headed to the GVSU show this coming Saturday. Besides PCguy, anyone else headed to it? If PCguy or anyone else wants to meet up before the show and get spots together to keep all of the Supras in one spot feel free to PM me.

Also, there is a Grand Rapids meet (imports and domestics invited) at Jaycee park that seems to be shaping up pretty well. Details are over at XceedSpeed for anyone interested. It will be happening May 23rd so doesn't seem to interfere with anything. Already put it on my calendar to attend, hopefully some of y'all can attend as well.

I still haven't fixed the problem the car is having and it is undriveable in its current condition. Going to check a couple of things tomorrow but if everything is ok, then I'll be at a loss of why it is running the way it is. Going to check compression and also the dizzies. It is looking more and more like we'll have to take the Escape :cry: and drive up to the GVSU show as spectators instead and support PCguy since his Supra is working :)

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
milisakeracing;1296355 said:
I still haven't fixed the problem the car is having and it is undriveable in its current condition. Going to check a couple of things tomorrow but if everything is ok, then I'll be at a loss of why it is running the way it is. Going to check compression and also the dizzies. It is looking more and more like we'll have to take the Escape :cry: and drive up to the GVSU show as spectators instead and support PCguy since his Supra is working :)

Problem fixed! Main failure was one of the ignition coils but several other items needed to be replaced as well due to age, corrosion, and literally turning to powder in my hands (one spark plug wire did this).

dreamweaver13

Feb 5, 2006
milford, MI
Nice to know there are other supra owners in MI. I've only seen 1 white mkiii since moving here a year ago.
I'm in the South East close to Brighton.

Anyone close that has a spare ignitor? Or wants to help me troubleshoot? :icon_bigg

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
PCguylovesSupra;1303807 said:
GVSU was a pretty good car show. Even had free food, bonus!

It was a great time going with milisakeracing, seeing the V8 in his MKIII.

Here are a few pic, quality is not the best, camera was on a tungston setting. Enjoy. LOL hey Mike, I think I took more pics of our cars than I did the rest of the show. :biglaugh:

http://picasaweb.google.com/scott.tavernier/GVSUCarShow#

Well, they were the best cars there ;) I should have moved the cooler, lol. Pic#4 is good, would be better if I had that scrape on my bumper fixed. We're seriously thinking of canceling going to the other event we had planned on May 10 and staying in Indy for the 2 days instead. Twelve hours of driving on Saturday (if we were to return home that night) plus all day at the show would not make for a pleasant time.

speedfreak426

Mar 31, 2008
Brighton, MI
dreamweaver13;1303556 said:
Nice to know there are other supra owners in MI. I've only seen 1 white mkiii since moving here a year ago.
I'm in the South East close to Brighton.

Anyone close that has a spare ignitor? Or wants to help me troubleshoot? :icon_bigg

I was in milford yesterday :)

if you need anything let me know! I'm pretty close

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
PCguylovesSupra;1306697 said:
INDY2k9 next weekend. Everyone ready???

Still working on getting the interior put back together and need to do an oil change. I won't have time to repair the exterior trim but those are only minor items. Hoping to find time to do a bit of detail work but I doubt I'll be able to get to this either with what my projected schedule is for next week.

Going to be keeping an eye on the forecast for the area as we get closer but we'll still be there rain or shine!

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
mk3junkie;1342527 said:
hey gays im in grand rapids,mi i have a 87 flat black fully build i just need a tune.any budy can help with safc or maft pro i have bolth.

I'm just an hour or so south of you as well, down in Kzoo. I know nothing about tuning an safc or the maft pro, sorry. However, welcome to the board! Are you planning on attending Chi2k9?

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
Cant stand it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got laid off mid May. Parked supra and took insurance off June 8. Since then the oast week I have seen 3 other supra's driving around. Yesterday say a MK4 and MK3 headed towards the little town I live in. Me without my supra.... just sad.:cry:

That's IT!!!! Put insurance back on. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... took a drive, so nice, just driving it felt so good, almost as good as.... well it was great.

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
PCguylovesSupra;1352565 said:
Cant stand it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got laid off mid May. Parked supra and took insurance off June 8. Since then the oast week I have seen 3 other supra's driving around. Yesterday say a MK4 and MK3 headed towards the little town I live in. Me without my supra.... just sad.:cry:

That's IT!!!! Put insurance back on. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... took a drive, so nice, just driving it felt so good, almost as good as.... well it was great.

I hate when I'm in the 'Scape and see a fellow Supra owner drive by. I know the feeling you speak of about getting back into the car for a drive after an extended period. Unfortunately here in MI we have one long extended period but man does it feel good to get back in the Supra after the salt season is over with!

Right now my Supra is down with a blown alternator and the spare I had from a 7MGTE which I was going to sell to Mk3Junkie ended up being bad as well (which I had warned about in my post to sell it). Now I won't get another alternator until sometime after mid-July, just in time to start cleaning up everything for the trip to Chicago.

Speaking of Chicago, I think we're only taking the car out for the show and then coming back. Only going to spend the one day out there, this way we don't have to worry about a hotel and me trying to get time off for it.

Last edited:

redmk3turbo

The King
Feb 7, 2009
Plainwell, MI
I live in Plainwell, i have my 88 turbo and my buddy has his 87 turbo. If you want to meet up with other local supras around me go to us 131 dragway on friday night midnight madnesses