Anyone out there in MI?

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
Only 20 mins. from K-Zoo(south).The never ending Supra is still not together,but the Cressida is sporting fresh paint and tires.Gotta go get new tags ,but definitely be down for a cruise sometime.

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
I'd also be down for a cruise as soon as I replace my blown alternator on the 1UZ. Speaking of which, I am running a special deal on all of my remaining parts I have in my for sale thread plus whatever else I can dig out of my garage for you guys here in MI (or those willing to driver to Kzoo and pick up).

I am willing to take $150 o.b.o. for all of the parts in my for sale thread, including the wheels and tires, I mean everything. This is over half the amount of my total asking price for all of the parts and there still may be a few in the garage I forgot to list. First person to show up on my door step here in Kzoo with cash in hand can haul it away. I just don't want to see some of these parts sitting and going to waste in my garage (the 7M-GTE block already will need a light hone to remove the rust showing up in the cylinders) since I will never use them now that I have done the swap.

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
milisakeracing;1357628 said:
I'd also be down for a cruise as soon as I replace my blown alternator on the 1UZ. Speaking of which, I am running a special deal on all of my remaining parts I have in my for sale thread plus whatever else I can dig out of my garage for you guys here in MI (or those willing to driver to Kzoo and pick up).

I am willing to take $150 o.b.o. for all of the parts in my for sale thread, including the wheels and tires, I mean everything. This is over half the amount of my total asking price for all of the parts and there still may be a few in the garage I forgot to list. First person to show up on my door step here in Kzoo with cash in hand can haul it away. I just don't want to see some of these parts sitting and going to waste in my garage (the 7M-GTE block already will need a light hone to remove the rust showing up in the cylinders) since I will never use them now that I have done the swap.

Hoping to get an alternator ordered this weekend to get the 1UZ Supra back out on the road. Also, this deal is still available if anyone wants to pick up all of these parts.

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
I just wanted to let you guys know about the Metro Curise down 28th street. its August 28 and 29 and should be alot of fun. I will be down there most of the day and will be hanging around the toyota dealership mostly or on the strip. i hope to see you guys there last year i was one of 2 Supras there out of like 100s of cars

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
mattman;1379709 said:
I just wanted to let you guys know about the Metro Curise down 28th street. its August 28 and 29 and should be alot of fun. I will be down there most of the day and will be hanging around the toyota dealership mostly or on the strip. i hope to see you guys there last year i was one of 2 Supras there out of like 100s of cars

Did we meet last year? We were parked at the Toyota dealership the whole day as part of their Scion/Toyota show they were putting on during Saturday of the event. Had to school the Toyota sales force not only on what the Supra is but also on what is under the hood...especially under my hood. None of them seemed to have a clue...at least the Toyota mechanic had an inkling of what was going on.

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
milisakeracing;1379739 said:
Did we meet last year? We were parked at the Toyota dealership the whole day as part of their Scion/Toyota show they were putting on during Saturday of the event. Had to school the Toyota sales force not only on what the Supra is but also on what is under the hood...especially under my hood. None of them seemed to have a clue...at least the Toyota mechanic had an inkling of what was going on.

yeah i think so. you had the lexus v8 right? Im in a white Mk3 and i hung around for a bit but had to run. I think it would be sweet if we could get more supra's out there this year

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
mattman;1380411 said:
yeah i think so. you had the lexus v8 right? Im in a white Mk3 and i hung around for a bit but had to run. I think it would be sweet if we could get more supra's out there this year

Yup, that was our car. I agree, it would be nice to have more Supras show up. There was an MkII parked down in the lower lot last year as well. Got pictures but never met the owner :( Some classic FJs showed up as well, a couple of MR2s and a supercharged Camry which was totaled a week or two later after a negligent driver rear ended the owner. Mostly Scions were there...but then again it was really a Scion event and the other Toyota owners were invited as an afterthought.

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
Called the Toyota/Scion dealership in Grand Rapids, MI today to find out if they were holding a show again this year which corresponds to the 5th Annual Metro Cruise. Here is what I found out:

During the 5th Annual 28th St. Metro Cruise on August 29th, Toyota | Scion of Grand Rapids will be hosting a car show at the dealership. Entrance is free and any Toyota, Scion, or tuner is eligible. There will be prizes and trophies for the show winners. show begins at 9:00 AM and goes until ?? (Last year it went until 4-5 PM).

Any questions please contact Isaac (the Scion Manager of Toyota | Scion GR)
@ 616.574.8100.

Hope to see you there!

Link to info on the Metro Cruise: http://www.28thstreetmetrocruise.com/
Dealer site: http://scionofgrandrapids.com/

I will be headed up for it as it was a ton of fun last year with some decent prizes (even if I didn't win). Anyone else interested in showing up? Would be nice to have more than just one or two Supras there.

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
Ok, Scott, redmk3turbo and I are all driving up to the show and will be there most of the day. Mattman, make sure to stop by and show the car for a bit. Would be nice to have a strong showing of the Supras at the Toyota lot.

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
Thanks to Scott and redmk3turbo for cruising up with us. Even with the intermittent rain, we still had fun although there was one incident with redmk3turbo's car which put damper on the events. Unfortunately his car was keyed during the event and no one observed the person doing it. It is a shame that we have people in the car community that feel they have to maliciously damage other peoples' cars. The dealership had one of their body guys try to buff out the more shallow of the scratches so kudos to Toyota of Grand Rapids.

Photos from the Toyota lot during the 5th Annual Metro Cruise:

http://picasaweb.google.com/1uzsupra/2009MetroCruise?feat=directlink

Thanks to Isaac and Toyota of Grand Rapids for putting together such a great show and set of awards, then sticking it out even during the intermittent rain. Our car took home the Best Sleeper trophy this year!

Ryan

Mar 22, 2009
Waterford
Anyone in the Saginaw area?
I am recently relocated here for school and am looking for some supra owners around