Anyone out there in MI?

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Go to a knowledgeable race shop, I have had no good experiences with regular machine shops. They usually only do domestics and can really f-up the work.

Make sure you know what RA they are capable of before taking anything to them if you are having machining done.
If they blankly stare at you when you say RA, stop talking and walk out the door.

speedfreak426

Mar 31, 2008
Brighton, MI
Piratetip;1285112 said:
Go to a knowledgeable race shop, I have had no good experiences with regular machine shops. They usually only do domestics and can really f-up the work.

Make sure you know what RA they are capable of before taking anything to them if you are having machining done.
If they blankly stare at you when you say RA, stop talking and walk out the door.

This has happened many times to me already

ME: Can you guys machine my head and block deck surfaces to a finish of 30RA or less?
THEM: Uhhhh, I don't know what that is but I am sure it does not matter.
ME: Have a nice day, thanks anyways!

Anyone have a race shop that is within 50 miles of me that they could reccomend?

Ryan

Mar 22, 2009
Waterford
Techno Supra;1285055 said:
I'm in the Redford area, 275/96, but I am going to start parting her out today. There's a couple more supra guys around here too.

Where at exactly? Im over there a whole lot.

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
Just had a thought.... not sure if this can even happen this year...

There are quite a few MI owners and could probably get some from Indy, Ohio and such, but what would you folks think about a Mackinak run. Not a race of any means, but to start somewhere like Lansing and drive up to Mackinac island and the bridge. Have some pictures taken, hang out, dinner. From lansing to Mackinac is only 4 hours.

Just a thought I would propose if anyone else liked the idea.

speedfreak426

Mar 31, 2008
Brighton, MI
PCguylovesSupra;1286896 said:
Just had a thought.... not sure if this can even happen this year...

There are quite a few MI owners and could probably get some from Indy, Ohio and such, but what would you folks think about a Mackinak run. Not a race of any means, but to start somewhere like Lansing and drive up to Mackinac island and the bridge. Have some pictures taken, hang out, dinner. From lansing to Mackinac is only 4 hours.

Just a thought I would propose if anyone else liked the idea.

I'm down. I'll bring my supra powered celica.
I will only be able to go in the mid-later part of summer though.

Last edited:

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
After doing so research, I think I found a car show in St. Ignace, in June. One of the sponsors are the Northern Michigan Toyota dealerships. I called to see if they would be interested in having a group of supra's at the show. GM not there, will try Friday, to see if he would be interested in that idea.

St Ignace car show is very very big. http://www.nostalgia-prod.com/
St Ignace is right across the bridge, and no passport required.:biglaugh:

If this sound cool let me know. Will try to see if the dealerhip is interested too and then I will post it in the Midwest section.

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
Well this F*cking sucks... Found out Friday I may get laid off after 13 years. Won't know until late May or June. So now I got 3 months to worry and hord money. :cry:

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
PCguylovesSupra;1287332 said:
After doing so research, I think I found a car show in St. Ignace, in June. One of the sponsors are the Northern Michigan Toyota dealerships. I called to see if they would be interested in having a group of supra's at the show. GM not there, will try Friday, to see if he would be interested in that idea.

St Ignace car show is very very big. http://www.nostalgia-prod.com/
St Ignace is right across the bridge, and no passport required.:biglaugh:

If this sound cool let me know. Will try to see if the dealerhip is interested too and then I will post it in the Midwest section.

I would definitely be down for this and/or a cruise up to the Big Mack. Heck, I'd be down just to meet at BW3 in Lansing. I've done this in the past with the RX-7 guys and it has been a blast. Nice central location for everyone to meet.

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
PCguylovesSupra;1288846 said:
Well this F*cking sucks... Found out Friday I may get laid off after 13 years. Won't know until late May or June. So now I got 3 months to worry and hord money. :cry:

Man, hope you are able to keep your job. Michigan's economy is one of the worst, if not the worst, in the US. What is really bad is your employer tells you now that you may or may not have your job in May or June. Way to stress a person out so they perform poorly.

speedfreak426

Mar 31, 2008
Brighton, MI
milisakeracing;1290375 said:
I think so. Aren't you over on XceedSpeed too?

Yup, Speedfreak426 over there as well. I try not to post all that much there but I still frequent it every day for the local car news fix.

I think we could involve the supra guys here with the xceed meets even if it won't be all supras, the more people the more likely it is to happen.

Meets amost every day of the week all summer, and also some crusises and such

speedfreak426

Mar 31, 2008
Brighton, MI
speedfreak426;1285119 said:
This has happened many times to me already

ME: Can you guys machine my head and block deck surfaces to a finish of 30RA or less?
THEM: Uhhhh, I don't know what that is but I am sure it does not matter.
ME: Have a nice day, thanks anyways!

Anyone have a race shop that is within 50 miles of me that they could reccomend?

Ryan;1285463 said:
Does anyone know about any reliable shops around the waterford michigan area?

Ryan;1285474 said:
I was hoping that someone on here had some experience with a shop.

My buddy with a supra recommended "Martin Motorsports"
They are right in the Milford/New Hudson area, so thats not too far I guess

I am bringing my stuff to them friday morning, I'll let you guys know how it goes!