Anyone out there in MI?

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
I see like 5 Supra's but all in the driveway and dont move. I'm looking for Supra's on the road and see none. Just wondering how many in my area

rob21a48422

1JZ+Holset=Go Fast!!!
Sep 7, 2007
Port Huron, Michigan
www.myspace.com
Good luck. With Detroit being the home of "Domestics" there just don't seem to be many nice imports around here. I live in the thumb and other than my cars, I've only seen 1 MK3 in my life around here and it wasn't driving, it was in a paint shop. I've sold parts to a couple of people from the Metro Detroit area but even down there I rarely see Supra's.

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
rob21a48422;1160389 said:
Good luck. With Detroit being the home of "Domestics" there just don't seem to be many nice imports around here. I live in the thumb and other than my cars, I've only seen 1 MK3 in my life around here and it wasn't driving, it was in a paint shop. I've sold parts to a couple of people from the Metro Detroit area but even down there I rarely see Supra's.

Im more in the middle left plam side. I see some supra's but all crap. Rarely driving and if they are there all faided and the trims fall off. saw one NICE one this summer going to a local hang out, but i was going home and had to make it home on time. He waved and by the time I figured out that he waved I was passed. I was like "huh nice car....OMG that was a nice Supra!!' Spent every weekend looking for him but never saw him again.:cry:

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
Since mine is now out of its Winter hibernation, I'll bring this thread back to life. I'm down here in Kzoo/Parchment area. Will finally be putting new suspension on it in the next weekend or two so it will be out of commission during that time but plan on making it out to several events this year.

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
Spotted a dark blue 89+ cruising Gull Rd. here in Kzoo couple of days ago, either another winter storage car or one not actually from the area since it appeared to be in excellent shape. Not counting mine and the one above, I have seen one white one headed towards Holland and there is an 89+ up by US131 raceway which is in excellent condition as well (know the owner and seen how well he takes care of the car first hand).

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
DAMM!!! You beat me to a Michigan post. :biglaugh:

It is nice to see other supras in Michigan.

Finally snow gone, brakes fixed, car on road. ::w00t::

Just a note, INDY2K9 May 9 & 10. CHI2k9 in August.

scooter

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
PCguylovesSupra;1282928 said:
DAMM!!! You beat me to a Michigan post. :biglaugh:

It is nice to see other supras in Michigan.

Finally snow gone, brakes fixed, car on road. ::w00t::

Just a note, INDY2K9 May 9 & 10. CHI2k9 in August.

scooter

Already on my calendar to attend. I am also already preregistered for the GVSU spring car show coming up April 18 and I'll probably head to the Grand Rapids Xceed BBQ on May 23.

Balljoints and coilovers are installed now, just need to find a reliable shop to get the alignment done and also fix a couple of small, annoying leaks. Almost forgot, also have to fab up two sets of endlinks for the ST sway bars and grab some new bushings for them before installing them on the car. Lots of other little cosmetic things still need to be done but things are coming along well.

I don't think I've seen your car around here. Where in SW MI are you?

Last edited:

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
Went to GVSU back when it was just a college. I am going to have to look into GVSU car show, looks like fun.

I live in Three Oaks, MI. Small village about 6 miles from the lake and Indiana.

I have family in Kalamazoo. Grew up there too, in Milwood area.

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
PCguylovesSupra;1282940 said:
Went to GVSU back when it was just a college. I am going to have to look into GVSU car show, looks like fun.

I live in Three Oaks, MI. Small village about 6 miles from the lake and Indiana.

I have family in Kalamazoo. Grew up there too, in Milwood area.

http://www.gvsucarshow.com/ to preregister :)

I am just a couple blocks south of Parchment near the Gull and Sprinkle intersection.

Last edited:

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
PCguylovesSupra;1283317 said:
DONE!!! I will be there. :icon_bigg

Is it on the campus it self??? If so, would the best entrance be off Lake Michigan dr??

Yup, on the outskirts of campus. I'll have to take a look at the map again. I think I took the back entrance to campus and it ended up being much closer/quicker to get to the lot the show is in.

speedfreak426

Mar 31, 2008
Brighton, MI
Anyone here know of any shops in MI that have expirence with the 7M? I need someone to do my machining, I have been looking for months and I have found nothing