Anyone help me.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
The JZ series engines just don't look like the M series. Period. You can get it close, but it'll cost you more than the actual engine. None of the parts are interchangeable, either.

If you're really set on doing this, you can get an intake manifold from a couple people on here - Seth comes to mind. Then you'll need custom intercooler piping, and a side to side intercooler. This will eliminate the crossover pipe that goes over the valve covers - leaving you with some ugly valve covers. ARZ makes some pretty valve covers, and a coilpack relocation kit that you'll need because there's no way to mount the stock coilpacks to his valve covers. Then all you need is a twin turbo exhaust manifold and a couple turbos. Well, and fuel to run 'em... and an ECU to run *that*, and a new clutch, transmission, driveshaft, better rubber, bigger brakes, hugely upgraded suspension, and all the other bits needed to safely drive a car with 700+ horsepower on tap.

You can build this for, round estimates, ~$55-75k including paint and bodywork.

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
oo no i just want the intake manifold look, bc if i due end up getting a 1jz i want the single turbo 1jz, so right now i just want that intake look. anyone help me get the parts.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
Don't waste your money modding the 7m if you're already planning on going JZ, doing a FFIM setup is like 1/3 of a stock 1jz swap.

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
^ the closest you will get is FFIM, as stated before. search for one, here, google, buy one(with supporting parts), install, close hood, drive car. or just buy a jz, cuz it looks like a jz intake and it runs like a jz, not a 7m.
/thread

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Laxboy to start to get the look you want you will need a FFIM (front facing Intake Manifold) from what I have read Seth makes some nice ones as well as LIPP (which is Suprasport’s in house shop) and a few others. Also Stevenr816 posted he is making some as well. I have never used any of these but I have read up on the LIPP one and it allows you to keep most of the stock features for an additional charge. However, they are decently expensive coming in at $1100 without all of the extras (http://www.suprasport.com/LIPP-Front-Facing-Intake-Manifold_p_5506.html). Furthermore, I know you would need to reroute your IC pipes and would assume that it would be beneficial to get a whole new IC so add in several hundred more there. If you want to do it go for it. However, I think some are trying to detract you from this course of action because of the cost for a purely aesthetic reason on your part. I personally think they make the car look great and would love 1 but don’t have the cash to spend on it. I also know that other people have just rerun the piping to get a similar result for a fraction of the price so that may be an avenue you want to look at. This thread has some information on that topic (http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...-intake-piping-stock-tb-and-manifold-but-fmic). Hopefully this helps you make your car into what you want it to be.

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
damn, f that 1100$ i might as well get the 1jz engine and build that up, well can anyone help me with that then, i cant find a 1jz that isnt $2k out of orlando.

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
laxboy36;1636225 said:
damn, f that 1100$ i might as well get the 1jz engine and build that up, well can anyone help me with that then, i cant find a 1jz that isnt $2k out of orlando.

He can be taught! hee hee jk, goodluck

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
lol hes learning quick. might as well go 2jz if your going to swap. swap to BST build that and make retarded power. cant wait to come back from deployment and start my build!!!!!!