any people in COLORADO??

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
I was just checking this thread to see if there were any Grand Junction Supras out there. I used to live in Grand Junction for about 3 years before moving to Arvada for another year. Then I came home to California. Anyway, last time I was there I noticed a definite shortage in MKIII presence... heck, Supra presence.

I drove my old NA to Junction a couple of times and laid the smack down on some Honda/Acuras on North Avenue. I was hoping to do it again soon after I finish my jz swap. Shout out to fellow Maverick notallstock! Maybe I'll see you there.

Sl1dewaysSupra

Destroyer of FWD's
Mar 14, 2006
Colorado
Cool, good to hear from you! I am almost ready to go turbo just need the engine and turbo built. Do you have firsthand exp. with them?

Gilsdorf

Street Dragon
Jun 18, 2005
Reno, NV
They did all the machine work on my block after I melted a piston. The guy/owner has done several 7m's and had a spare/new gte head for sale. He does some excellent quality work and is very well known for it.

While I was picking up my block some truck was dropping off some weird looking metal pieces (imagine the metal tip of a ball point pen but the size of a desk), turns out they were fuel oil injectors from an cargo/oil tanker. The ship yard trucked them up from Longbeach, and I know there are some very reputable machine shops closer to the coast, so why do you think they spend a shit load of money on shipping to Colorado?

Gilsdorf

Street Dragon
Jun 18, 2005
Reno, NV
Should (knock wood) be done by months end. Couldn't make Vegas (new job, family, etc.).

Someone should put a CO meet together this spring, I'd drive out (not that that would make it worthwhile for you guys), but it would be fun to get back to Colorado for a weekend.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
So do we have enough local members to do a meet?

I met up with the University's sports car club last week and loved it. We should do the same with ours.

Anyone up for a meet? I think it'd be great to have a few supras along with their friends' rides.

Any interest?

supra_man87

EL GUAPO
Nov 15, 2007
So. Col.
what?!? no one else from southen colorado???? at lest 4 mk3's in pueblo. 2 1j's a turbo 7m and an n/a. there is a (i think) 9 second 97 special edition auto down here and a 800 hp red supra in walsemberg. just adding to the colorado supra community.

kysupra

I'm Single
Apr 25, 2005
Lexington, KY
Just moved here, Supra is still in Kentucky right now, needs some engine work like every one else its sounds, where are the good shops in the Metro area? 2JZ and needs tuned, something about 6600 ft elevation :1zhelp:

nerfkhat

Aug 24, 2005
centennial, Co
i only know of a couple im taking my head in to get checked this week. But you are pretty far away arent you?! Eagle is like all the way near vail isnt it? I heard it got dumped and i mean dumped on up there..80 miles of hywy got closed! how you like the snow?

kysupra

I'm Single
Apr 25, 2005
Lexington, KY
nerfkhat;1299497 said:
i only know of a couple im taking my head in to get checked this week. But you are pretty far away arent you?! Eagle is like all the way near vail isnt it? I heard it got dumped and i mean dumped on up there..80 miles of hywy got closed! how you like the snow?

Yeah its like 2.5-3hrs to denver, but there isnt anything out here that i can find to do the work on the Supra, Im west of denver and all we got out of Thursday/Friday's storm was mostly rain and some flurries. i dont mind the snow but i can tell that the Sup is going to be a summer car, and I see a STi in my future. :love: