any people in COLORADO??

sthmstr

May 29, 2008
Colorado
hay guys, sorry to break current topic, but wondering who ya'll use for engine machine work? I really appreciate it!

sthmstr

May 29, 2008
Colorado
FullNelson;1302329 said:
Haha. I think Colorado is jinxed for needing machinists. I had to go to Nebraska to find mine and can't recommend him yet.

Bummer. I guess I'm goin out of state then. I got a 7M, 2 3s's and a 1u that need attention and I don't wanna throw my money and engines away on some pushrod yokle. Lemme know how it goes with your Nebraska dude. Thanks a bunch!

kysupra

I'm Single
Apr 25, 2005
Lexington, KY
FullNelson;1302329 said:
Haha. I think Colorado is jinxed for needing machinists. I had to go to Nebraska to find mine and can't recommend him yet.

well then I guess I will need to get it fixed before I bring it out and just get it tuned here. :3d_frown:

are there and shops that can tune a car? or are all the Denver shops bolt on installers?

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
Might depend on what standalone you have. I would try PMing Tlo86, I know he said he had a 2jz swap and he might be able to point you in the right direction with that all.

sthmstr

May 29, 2008
Colorado
kysupra;1302670 said:
well then I guess I will need to get it fixed before I bring it out and just get it tuned here. :3d_frown:

are there and shops that can tune a car? or are all the Denver shops bolt on installers?

Turns out Greely Machine will do imports and says he can easily do import spec machine work. I'm gonna give them a shot I guess. I'll let you know. Also there are a few shops tha can tune and whatnot. Not too shabby of work from what I hear.

nerfkhat

Aug 24, 2005
centennial, Co
Hey guys i just dropped off my head to a machine shop that I had heard about. He seems to do really good work and he said he has done alot of supra heads. This is a head only shop it is called Heads by drew in North Aurora. Ill let you guys know how it goes once i hear back from him later in the week.

Will be taking my block to a shop he reccomends and works with also, he said has done a lot of supra motors. But gildorf has also recommended a shop in longmont that he took his motor to. It is called The Engine shop. This was my other choice also but im gonna choose a shop that is a little closer to home.

supraphoenix

broke and hating it
Mar 14, 2009
Colorado
I'm in longmont, and pretty new to the supra world, but loving every minute of it. If anyone is from around here and would be interested in meeting up and talking supra's I would LOVE IT! :biglaugh:

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
As far as tuning shops go has anyone had good results with the shop mentioned on page1? (hrd) I've got some cams and springs I'd like put in along with an aem ems on the way and hrd looks like the closest place I've heard of on here.

Anyone have good things to say about em?

supra_man87

EL GUAPO
Nov 15, 2007
So. Col.
dunno about tuning shops in so col, but a really good machinist in so col is bob's machine shop in pueblo. took my head to him, 60 bucks and did a great job.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
just wanted to throw out there i wont be doing shit for the next 2-3 months so if you need help or anything let me know or give me a call @ 303 324 4684. in the northern denver area please ;) if you havent seen my car you might have heard of it! engine swaps tranny changes blah blah blah i can do it all or at least point you in the right direction as far as tuning goes, machining (RELIABLE MACHINING not some redneck fuck-faces, or at least redneck fuckfaces that know what they are doing...) ,

ive been itching to get dirty lately.. i'll bring my own tools and for these couple of months i work for free :) (on most toyotas but best with 4cyl inline 6 and V-8's)