am i crazy? or is the seller crazy?

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
http://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/1282563594.html

the car is 2k obo. now, i noticed he SAYS he did alot of rebuilding. with arp bolts and blah blah.. but i noticed, as a turbo supra should have an r154....he says it has a w-158? wtf is that? did he typo you think? or maybe he doesn't fully know what he is talking about... i am tempted to buy it anyway, just because i miss the days where i can cruise with the top off, listening to 30 seconds to mars " from yesterday" and not have a care in the world.

now... aesthetically....the car is ugly as sin. and wtf is with the hood? are you kidding me?? door panel is missing...

maybe, that is why the car is 2k obo?

please gimme some input guys. i miss the sound of spooling turbo0o0o0ozzzz

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
Car looks like a shit box... but its your choice, the tranny thing is probably just him not knowing about MKIII's.

Ill sell you my 89 targa 1j car for 6k if you want a turbo targa car bad enough... lol

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
The seller is crazy. I wouldn't touch that bucket of bolts with a 10 foot pole..... Buy that car and you're asking for trouble.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
91blackeye;1375658 said:
only yours doesn't look like arse.

I guess everyones entitled to their own opinion:icon_razz

If it's close, go take a look. Make an educated opinion from the seller and car. From the ad, it looks like a pile of shit, IMO. If he has some paper work to go with it 2 grand might not be too bad...if your willing to do some TLC.

wes-harrison

Feb 16, 2009
Victoria
i say buy it...for two grand and only minor assembly required?..i agree tho make sure hes got some receipts to solidify the fact that hes actually done all that work...the transmission thing is prob just a typo..unless teh car originally had a 7mge

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
GuNDeZZZ;1375088 said:
Car looks like a shit box...

+1

I pd. WAY LESS then that for a the 91 I just picked up. I would not even buy that thing for the price I pd. for the 91. That make mine look mint :rofl:

'85 supra

garagedoor man
Aug 27, 2008
georgia
IF he did all the work that is stated there, that's worth 2000.00. Email him and ask some technical question that only a supra man would know, see what his response is. ask for receipts on work or parts

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
He says the wheels are factory but pic one they look like "work" wheels. Love the ghetto interior, i'd be too embarassed to sell somthing that rough for anymore than parts.

stile

Jul 3, 2009
lynchburg va
wiseco7mgt;1377413 said:
He says the wheels are factory but pic one they look like "work" wheels. Love the ghetto interior, i'd be too embarassed to sell somthing that rough for anymore than parts.

i agree : )

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
id want 2 see recipets n make sure registrations up 2 date and id make sure he has the title n hand but theres a lot more supras in cali on craigslist u just have 2 wait and find tha rite 1 dont b in a hurry make sure u get sumthan worth yr money. i bought mine off craigslist while bac $400 rodknocking 87 interior clean clean title came with extra 7mgte motor and r-154 everuthing on in no cut wiring harness or anything just look everyday on craigslist and ull find yr supra...good luck.... :icon_bigg

DBN

FML
Jan 22, 2009
Fairfield, Ca
Wait for one with a decent paint job for a little more $$$. You'll thank me later.

Edit: He didn't even take pictures of his engine. That's a no-no for me;).

InFrnt0fU

Lurking Supra Socialite
He didn't even take pictures of his engine. That's a no-no for me;).

+1

He takes the times to list all the things hes done to the engine, then leaves out the pictures. Most people can get there hands on a digital camera these days. Be patient and wait....this ad is a low class version of those "FULLY BUILT 800hp Mk4"'s ad's that you see pop up on ebay once and awhile:biglaugh: