All my Exes are decent folk - and yours should be, too.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I've heard a lot of folks bad mouthing their Ex. She was a nutjob, he mentally abused me, she broke up with me via text message, he's a no good drunk, etc. I understand where the urge to slam them comes from, however, there are strong reasons to buck the trend.

First, consider what it says about YOU. If your Ex was a nutjob, how does it look when you dated/married them by choice? Sure, you may not be quite the same level of crazy, but you're up there. Sure, you can debate that they lost it after the start of the relationship, however, trust me when I tell you nobody else is really going to believe that.

Next, remember that forgiveness isn't about them, again, it's about YOU. Take an example... boy meets girl, boy and girl fall in love, boy gets caught having sex with girl's sister, mom, best friend, (or all three) covered in baby oil on a bed of rose petals lit by a thousand candles under a crescent moon. Girl breaks up with boy, and hates him forEVER. What kind of person do you suppose will nurture a deep hatred of someone for the rest of their life? How healthy can that be? What will her friends think when she's still venomously bringing it up, 20 years later? How likely is she to have another meaningful relationship when she talks about her last one? On the other hand, look at the boy... sure, he's a dink, and everyone knows it, but do you think he's going to lose any sleep over it? Do you think he's even going to regret it? Seriously... he's down one girl, but the world is full of ladies. There's still over 3 billion girls out there who haven't heard of his evil actions.

In short, you'll be a healthier, happier person when you figure out how to forgive those that wrong you.

And last, for now, anyway, consider the audience. Moving on with your life, you'll be speaking to more and more people who haven't even met your Ex, and likely never will. Any warning that your words might convey is entirely wasted. Instead, all you will accomplish is convincing your new friends that you're slightly insane, and never willing to lay your problems to rest.

So, all my Exes are fantastic people... that you will probably never meet, anyway. :)

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
My exes are fine people. But my friend's exes are nuts! I know this not because they told me that (to the contrary, my friends often defend their exes' reputations), but because I have seen and heard them. Not all exes are decent :)

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
here's what i like to say about ex girlfriends (I've had my fair share of crazies) never burn a good bridge you never know when they might need a little love ;) hahaha

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Eh, I like to think that all my exes are better off having known me, and me having known them. Learned something from every relationship, although after my first long-term one, I was pretty well torn up. Wasn't until the second important ex helped me see myself for what I was worth, and for that, I'm eternally grateful. Third one was a pretty rough breakup, but only because it didn't really make any sense, and I was unwilling to let this one be just a fling, she was too awesome. We both had our issues, but I would think things are better now for both of us.

Things are going great now, been two and a half years with the same awesome girl.

Well, that airs all my laundry haha. :p

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Exes are exes for a reason, I could care less about any of mine that I was seriously involved with. My exe high school sweet heart tried to get involved with me by befriending some of my close friends I had at the time and then trying to stick her nose in my business between me and my then girl friend now wife. Needless to say I cut ties with those friends and moved on. I don’t want to be friends with any of them, I don’t want to see any of them and I could care less what people think of me…

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I get along fine all of my ex-girlfriends and even my ex-wife. I don't talk to any of them often, even the ex-wife. (have no real reason to, kids are all over 21) But we all still get along fine.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
GrimJack;1804968 said:
I've heard a lot of folks bad mouthing their Ex. She was a nutjob, he mentally abused me, she broke up with me via text message, he's a no good drunk, etc. I understand where the urge to slam them comes from, however, there are strong reasons to buck the trend.

First, consider what it says about YOU. If your Ex was a nutjob, how does it look when you dated/married them by choice? Sure, you may not be quite the same level of crazy, but you're up there. Sure, you can debate that they lost it after the start of the relationship, however, trust me when I tell you nobody else is really going to believe that.

Next, remember that forgiveness isn't about them, again, it's about YOU. Take an example... boy meets girl, boy and girl fall in love, boy gets caught having sex with girl's sister, mom, best friend, (or all three) covered in baby oil on a bed of rose petals lit by a thousand candles under a crescent moon. Girl breaks up with boy, and hates him forEVER. What kind of person do you suppose will nurture a deep hatred of someone for the rest of their life? How healthy can that be? What will her friends think when she's still venomously bringing it up, 20 years later? How likely is she to have another meaningful relationship when she talks about her last one? On the other hand, look at the boy... sure, he's a dink, and everyone knows it, but do you think he's going to lose any sleep over it? Do you think he's even going to regret it? Seriously... he's down one girl, but the world is full of ladies. There's still over 3 billion girls out there who haven't heard of his evil actions.

In short, you'll be a healthier, happier person when you figure out how to forgive those that wrong you.

And last, for now, anyway, consider the audience. Moving on with your life, you'll be speaking to more and more people who haven't even met your Ex, and likely never will. Any warning that your words might convey is entirely wasted. Instead, all you will accomplish is convincing your new friends that you're slightly insane, and never willing to lay your problems to rest.

So, all my Exes are fantastic people... that you will probably never meet, anyway. :)

post of the year!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
For what it's worth, I've found that when you're young, you know you want something, but rarely do you know WHAT that is in life. It's not until a few failed experiences that you learn what you DON'T want. It's like Sudoku, really. :rofl:

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
7Matt-GE;1805077 said:
here's what i like to say about ex girlfriends (I've had my fair share of crazies) never burn a good bridge you never know when they might need a little love ;) hahaha

I agree ^^^ because I have hooked up with 2 of my exes before.