Aftermarket Sway bar endlinks

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
If yall are interestest and can get this moving quick, I could do a group buy.

5 folks: 200 bucks for all four corners
10 folks: 175 bucks for all four corners

The time issue thing is because I'm in the proccess of leaving the mil and then getting ready to move cross country. I could either do this real fast (as in everyone needs to sign on within a week or two and have downpayment in), or wait till after I'm back in florida and settled in. July is the killer month. It would need to be done a good month before or after then.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
i'll post the mcmaster part #s sometime....i made pretty sweet ones w/ SS heims and an Al turnbuckle. i used one RH and one LH threaded heim so you can adjust length easily (not that it matters).

supraaddict87

Apr 3, 2005
Morgantown WV
www.geocities.com
I was planning on going the same rout drjonez. I drew up a print to turn some ss hex rod with a left hand thread on one end and right hand on the other, giving a place to wrench in the middle and adjust them while still on the car. I won't be able to finish one of these till the middle of may. If no one else steps up to the plate by then it would be a good possibility I'll be making a few sets.

mike

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Im also about to offer these, but as Outofstep and I discuss things, they are not available.

And yes Yonkers, Im sorry about never getting back with you. The IRL and some other projects have been taking up way tooo much of my time.

silver88turbo

Former Owner
Mar 30, 2005
Illinois
How does changing the length of these effect handling? Since the sway bar is only mounted solidly on the sups arms and pivots in the middle I dont see how their length effects the movement of one wheel in relation to the other. Any insight?

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
silver88turbo said:
How does changing the length of these effect handling? Since the sway bar is only mounted solidly on the sups arms and pivots in the middle I dont see how their length effects the movement of one wheel in relation to the other. Any insight?

They allow for custom tuning of front and rear anti-sway bar preload to suit specific track layouts. It also allows you to adjust for spring/shock tire changes. You pretty much always want the anti-rollbar to be completely parallel to ground when your suspension is loaded. The problem is if you get drop spring, change out rims n tires, you are nowhere close to parallel anymore. You car isn’t performing at max anymore.

Adjustable end links let you compensate for suspension higth changes, track conditions, easy disconnects for drag, won't break like the shitty stock ones, and they give you that extra bling factor.

silver88turbo

Former Owner
Mar 30, 2005
Illinois
Ah.....The compensating for suspension changes makes sense, to keep the swaybar level, but I just dont understand how the swaybar could be "preloaded".

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Pre loaded means the bar is under load when the car is level. this in effect stiffins that sway bar. adjustable end links make it possible for the bar to be under no load as your car sits level.

silver88turbo

Former Owner
Mar 30, 2005
Illinois
I know what preload is. A swaybar like ours cant be preloaded unless something is bent or out of square. Think about it, all it does is try to prevent the wheels from moving away from each other. It provides no resistance when both wheels move together.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Definitly, if MDC or outofstep want to get something going real quick the sooner the better. I love buying new stuff!