Aftermarket gauges in cluster

The1

Too poor to be here..:(
May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
I know that plenty have done this and I will attempt this but do those who have done it, how would you rate the difficulty and how long does this usually take?

*still looking for step by step instructions on taking the dash out* :sarcasm:

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
It really all depends on the actual guage you are using. I think I spent about 20 hours fitting water temp and oil pressure gauges into mine.

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
quick question about this as well: Would you guys put Peak/Hold/Warning gauges in the dash (ie. ProSport, GReddy, A'pexi. Anything with the little button)?

The1

Too poor to be here..:(
May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
I might have to go ahead and check out buckshot's thread, even though the initial questions were missed. :dunno: lol

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
I think I had about a total of 20 hours into mine from start to finish. In reality it took me damn near a year, but then again I have a real issue with finishing things once I start them.

I would not rate it as easy in the least bit. I suppose if you're putting 52mm in it'd be a lot easier, but I had to do ALOT of cutting, grinding, melting, shaping, all sorts of joy.

I am defiantly happy with my result though.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
i thought about doing this... but i'd rather have a stock looking cluster. i'm kinda in and out with it. i'd probably do it with greddy gauges. they look best in an mk3, that's what i think. i don't like the ricer looking gauges that are all glowing.. yuck

NocturnalKitty

May 22, 2005
Ca/Az
vdo gauges are the only gauges i can think of that look stock...was kinda toying w/this idea myself.

for anybody that has already done this....got pics?

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
I think the difficulty directly relates to how well you can measure and cut. I didn't really even start on the wires yet.

widemon.jpg

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
buckshotglass;895102 said:
I think the difficulty directly relates to how well you can measure and cut.

QFT!!
Also the type and style of gauge is a factor of the diffculty level. I will say you should be proficient with a Dremel and heat gun.

NocturnalKitty

May 22, 2005
Ca/Az
buckshotglass;895102 said:
I think the difficulty directly relates to how well you can measure and cut. I didn't really even start on the wires yet.

[thumb]http://www.davidunltd.com/supra/widemon.jpg[/thumb]

got any better shots? close up maybe? would love to see them if u do. thanks