aftermarket fiberglass side mirrors

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
does anyone who which japanese brands made these or whether theres any replicas floating around... missed out on a set on yahoo a while back and been kicking myself ever since

would love these ones in particular

p1486381_1.jpg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yep, the fugly (imho) bomex mirrors. Prefure the Ganador or S2 mirrors (though none of the aftermarket mirrors have heaters like the stockers so far as I know)

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
I doubt he will be needing heated mirrors where he comes from ;)

It's gets down to 12 Degress C (54 Degrees F) in the dead of winter.

Looks like they would generate a lot of wind noise though.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
the wing and blinker covers are the only thing i like about that car at all. bolt on fender flares and the rear wheels are still sticking out like 4" and even the uber duber stretched tires are still sticking out. i know that wasn't the question, but i just had to comment.

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
92nsx;1486544 said:
The only worth wile upgrade to a U.S. spec supra is folding OEM mirrors.

already got the standard jdm electric folding mirrors :)

prefer something lighter to bolt to my fiberglass doors for a track car

ps. i rekon fujimotos supra would look better with oem folding mirrors but other then that - is close to perfect...

wanna swap :)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Lighter? The stock mirrors are pretty damn light as it is... If you want really light, use the tiny ones that look like they're off a motorcycle.

projectsupra

旧車スープラ
Apr 5, 2005
West Palm Beach, FL
s235.photobucket.com
Poodles;1486637 said:
Lighter? The stock mirrors are pretty damn light as it is... If you want really light, use the tiny ones that look like they're off a motorcycle.

Power folding mirrors are very heavy compared to all US spec mirrors, and Bomex Type1 (power and manual) mirrors are much lighter than all those. About the same as the hotdog on a stick mirrors, i.e. Craft-Square. I haven't had the Bomex Type2's to compare though.

gats

Rebuilding... Slowly!
Mar 3, 2009
Sydney, NSW
disturbed1;1486584 said:
already got the standard jdm electric folding mirrors :)

prefer something lighter to bolt to my fiberglass doors for a track car

ps. i rekon fujimotos supra would look better with oem folding mirrors but other then that - is close to perfect...

Don't know how much the stock mirrors weigh, but my Ganadors are around 960g each.

IMG_2021x.JPG

...and leave my retro scales alone too ;)

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I have those Bomex Mirrors, for sale. Let me find the pics.

ITEM: Bomex Aero Mirrors
DESCRIPTION: I Believe these are the Type 1 Mirrors. Bought these from Grant 3 or so years ago, never installed them. Had them painted 6L9 Green Mica, the TTR Color. Excellent condition with no exterior flaws whatsoever. Power mirrors which is also a cool feature considering most of these were manual. Everything works to the best of my knowledge, but I have not personally installed these. Will need to rivet the mirror actuator back to the case, but I left them out in case someone would like to paint them another color. Paint is very very good. Would rate it 9 or 10 out of 10
PRICE: $250 shipped
PICS:
vo9zmg.jpg

2csj38w.jpg

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
disturbed1;1486584 said:

LOL maybe haha
The folding mirrors are pretty cool, they came on the car originally.
I think the mirror on stick style don't suit the body.

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
garagefujimoto;1493843 said:
LOL maybe haha
The folding mirrors are pretty cool, they came on the car originally.
I think the mirror on stick style don't suit the body.
got a lovely pair of black ones sitting here id happily give a coat of matt black if u keen :)

agree that the motorbike/minature mirrors dont look right

bought these bomex mirrors off yahoo... somethign nice and light and manual adjusted rather then electric since my car doesnt have any electrics other then the ecu these days

fals0422-img600x450-1263118178ykrjgb13685.jpg

bomex1.jpg

shame they off a civic but hopefully they fit alright :S (personally dont think they will though

my stock electric ones weigh just over 3 kilos from memory.. might not sound like much of a saving, but the less weight hanging off the lexan/fiberglass the better for me