A/Fr problem

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
Ok, so ive ran across a odd problem im having trouble diagnosing. I can jump in the car and drive and get really decent A/Fr's with and without boost....but if i stop park then come back it will stay pig rich ard run 12.6 at idle and even richer when on the petal and will continue to stay there as long as i drive it. If I park for a couple hours (enough for the motor to get cold) then drive again my A/Fr's will be fine again, this has been a random problem that occured about a week and a half ago.

I had this problem on MAFT basic, then switched back to the stock AFM and an still getting the same problem, I have also checked my TPS for the Q45 and its set at .385v, I also checked my codes and got a HAC sensor (Ive never had one the shell is a NA)

Other than this problem the car runs fine, boost fine, nothing else out of the ordanary. can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this? my mods are listed in the sig.

thanks,
-Jesse

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
How are you measuring O2?

If you switched back to OEM and still having the same problem. Well, you are looking at a faulty sensor. ;) I would focus on the O2 sensor.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Wait.

The signal should be bouncing not steady state. even on a wideband especially when feeding it back to the TCCS. Remember what we say about the narrow band gauge being a light show. It is but it also tells us something, the "lightshow" is the computer doing its adjustment to the AFR based on the signal bounce.

So that means, with the car off and the wideband turned on (not the way I would do it but that what you got to work with), what is the reading? What about if you take it off from the exhaust system?

Never udnerstood why they just don't do a free air calibration.....

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
figgie;1125672 said:
Wait.

The signal should be bouncing not steady state. even on a wideband especially when feeding it back to the TCCS. Remember what we say about the narrow band gauge being a light show. It is but it also tells us something, the "lightshow" is the computer doing its adjustment to the AFR based on the signal bounce.

So that means, with the car off and the wideband turned on (not the way I would do it but that what you got to work with), what is the reading? What about if you take it off from the exhaust system?

Never udnerstood why they just don't do a free air calibration.....
Ok, im following you on most of that, when the car is of and the ign is turned to on the wideband goes to flatline lean on the guage. as far as it changing to pig rich though i can drive it for about 1/2 an hour and then let it idle and after so long it will move to running pig rich with it just sitting there too. almost as if it hits a certian temp point.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
you should chech your o2 sensor and your wideband, when mine was acting similar to that my wideband went bad. check your WB o2