'95 BMW M3 - shaeff's summer daily driver

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
yeah the high beams are nice in these housings! but i didn't bother putting a bulb as the TSX projector practically covers up the whole road and the highbeams just a little dot on the road lol. i was looking in using a Porsche cayanne projector as there like a 2.5" lense lol .

also the reason for no hi-beam is that i got HID fogs without the glare shield lol. pointed down and surprisingly there no glare in on coming traffic.

but yeah take a picture when you can i want to compare the TFX to my TSXe36 lol!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
shaeff;1232956 said:
Yes, they actually will. I'd recommend some cheap ebay housings that come with the crappy "projectors" in them. They have a clear glass lens (No lens fluting to disperse the light pattern) You could fit the fx35 projector housing in there, you'd just have to mount it very close to the glass outer lens of the H4 housing. It's been done before, I'll find the thread for you later.

Thanks. :) They really are a fantastic projector! (And that 2jz 240 is going to be really sweet!)

That would be great Chris. I'd like to do this sometime in the future. I knew there was a reason I wanted, uh, I mean I liked you.........:naughty:

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Man a lot of you guys have these e36's. If any of you are interested, I know a couple of guys up in Utica (NY) who specialize in e36s, but you might be disappointed to know that they specialize in LSx swaps into e36s... Still do great work though, even on my Supra.

www.nahrods.com

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
Kangae;1233576 said:
Man a lot of you guys have these e36's. If any of you are interested, I know a couple of guys up in Utica (NY) who specialize in e36s, but you might be disappointed to know that they specialize in LSx swaps into e36s... Still do great work though, even on my Supra.

www.nahrods.com

yeah ive heard of them, really good work for anyone wanting a LSx swap. its bang for your buck. those swaps are the most common and some BMW guys dont like it lol! but i love the concept.:evil2:

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Yeah that white M3 they have with the LS6 (now mind you I'm not a fan of LSx swaps, but they did it the best way by putting custom valve covers with the little "M" on them instead of the red "Corvette" ones...) is just great, they showed up at a 2 hour long car show 7 minutes before it ended back when the CF hood was unpainted and hacked up and they won best in show. Went on a annual car cruise with them a couple of times too and that thing is just amazing.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
Kangae;1234013 said:
Yeah that white M3 they have with the LS6 (now mind you I'm not a fan of LSx swaps, but they did it the best way by putting custom valve covers with the little "M" on them instead of the red "Corvette" ones...) is just great, they showed up at a 2 hour long car show 7 minutes before it ended back when the CF hood was unpainted and hacked up and they won best in show. Went on a annual car cruise with them a couple of times too and that thing is just amazing.

yeah i think i know what M3 your talking about. its a gutted with a white CAGE, custom fender work to fit the 18x10's that car is a beast!

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1011774

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
suprahero;1233350 said:
That would be great Chris. I'd like to do this sometime in the future. I knew there was a reason I wanted, uh, I mean I liked you.........:naughty:
LOL! Here's the guy who did it on his Supra:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1224574&postcount=21

Kangae;1233576 said:

www.nahrods.com

Hell yeah, but I wouldn't get a swap kit, I'd do it myself. I'm too strong-headed... I'm going turbo s50- if I didn't go this route, I'd go LSx.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
arizzle;1234076 said:
yeah i think i know what M3 your talking about. its a gutted with a white CAGE, custom fender work to fit the 18x10's that car is a beast!

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1011774

That one looks similar but it's not theirs, they have supercharged LS6 in theirs and used to have a natural CF hood but now it's all white. (don't know if they painted the CF trunk too...)

http://www.nahrods.com/_photos/1208/dscn0577_copy.jpg

http://www.nahrods.com/_photos/0829/m3_frt4.jpg

Anyway though, that seems like enough thread jack from me...this is supposed to be about shaeff's car!

Anyway though, my better judgment likes the idea of you going turbo s50. Because I'm a firm believer of keeping the engine that the car came with. Just for some reason I really like theirs.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
shaeff;1234699 said:
A SC LS6 M3 is hard NOT to like!

haha yeah who would love that!:evil2: but then again i cant wait to see you turbo set-up! i need to do a boost build to for the BMW, any updates on the headlights?:love:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
No updates yet. I should get some more done this weekend, though. I did just receive my second pair of FX35 headlights, though. :) I got the entire headlight assembly, complete with projectors, wiring, bulbs, ballasts, etc...

I have to dismantle them soon, those headlights are huge! The only thing that sucks about these is that they're frosted lens instead of clear like my current set.

That's ok, the set I'm working on now can go in my GF's Legacy, and I'll get some TSX lenses for the new set, and do all the mods to them that I just did to the ones above. :) Best of both worlds!

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Dang you are going light crazy lol. Looks like my 2jzsx project is now on hold for a few months so I guess it is time to pimp out my M3 as well :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
BorHor;1234859 said:
Dang you are going light crazy lol. Looks like my 2jzsx project is now on hold for a few months so I guess it is time to pimp out my M3 as well :)

Yeah I am. I've always loved good lighting. I'm now in the position to do something about it. I'm not sure if you have the stock DOT spec housings on your M3, but if you do, I'm sure you can attest to how utterly shitty they are!

relax

Sep 23, 2006
san diego
Looking good Shaeff, I plan on doing a little project myslef replacing all my bushing to get ready for the 09 season of autox and track days!!! wooo.

spipedong

Level 2 Rythym Rogue
Apr 2, 2005
Eugene, OR
Hey man,

Sorry if this craps up your thread a little but it is headlight related. This is the comparison between the flat shield I made yesterday and the stock Depo shield.

The coke can shield is on the left and the stock one is on the right, identical 6000K bulbs and ballasts. That's not a camera trick either, they really look that different and the color follows the housing with the new shield.

I guess I better get going on doing the passenger side so that I at least have something decent until my retrofit gets started!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I commented in your thread on BF.c. It looks way better without the crappy euro upticks! I gotta get some pics loaded when I find where I left that pesky camera of mine. LOL. I did a full cooling system overhaul of every single cooling hose in the engine bay, along with a new thermostat and Stewart high flow waterpump. :)

Then the weather channel forecast said a huge winter storm was approaching, so I drove it straight back to my storage unit. LOL. :(

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Negative, captain! I just dropped a crapload of cash on the Supra, so summer tires/fender rolling for the M3 are on hold until around mid-April. I'm not getting them refinished this year, maybe next winter or something.

I'll be bringing the M3 out of storage for good this week, though. :)