92nsx's supra build

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
This past weekend I finished retorquing my ARP studs down to 85 ft/lbs. and reinstalled the cam covers with new gaskets. I was just uneasy about having everything open to dust n crap in the air, even thought everything was covered up when I wasent working on it.

My ECU and TPS's are still out at JJ's, I hope he can find something. Also this past weekend I was over at Sean's helping him try and get the 2JZ going, what a pain in the ass this engine has been. Also since I was over there I loaded AEM's EMS program on my laptop so I can start to play with it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Got pictures of the combustion chamber? You know, the bowl blend? I would like to see how it was redone, and the bigger valves. :)

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
I do some where. But I just searched my memorie card and those pics are not on it. This means it is on another SD card that is somewhere, let me do some searching for it.

EDIT: I found the card and no pic of the bottom:( I only took pics of the runners)
This is the only pic I have that sort of shows the bottom of the head. I know not any help
p1156115_1.jpg

Last edited:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Major set back tonight. The Intercooler is FULL of coolant and also the FFIM has a huge puddle in it. i have no idea how it got there. Figgie and I have been talking all afternoon and everything checks out ok. Sad but true, If this motor is shot and I just threw 7 grand down the drain I am out of the supra game.
Here is a pic I took of the FFIM.
picture.php

And this is NOTHING like the intercooler looked/ had inside of it!!!!!!

Also the FFIM dose not have enough clearance between shock tower. Only .004" clearance. Here is a pic. to prove what I am talking about.
picture.php

Any one buying a FFIM form Tubbie beware this is how it fits. It is nothing but junk!!! Take this as your warning.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Smack FFIM on shock tower breaking the seal on the manifold gasket allowing coolant in from the nipple on the underside of it.

Either that or bad turbo is the ONLY way I can see you getting that much coolant in there.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
if it was the seal on the intake manifold, there would be coolant all over the ground.

my bet is the turbo. especially since the intercooler is full, and the intake manifold only has a little bit in it... pressure test the radiator and see where you hear it coming from.

still on the stock ct-26? loop the coolant lines and then see if it does the same thing, take maybe 30mins to drain enough coolant, loop them, and re-check...
but i would drain the oil and see if theres any in there too.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Turbo is now on another supra and is running strong, no coolant in IC system.. Not the turbo. Yes oem CT-26 for break in cycle.
The FFIM is good so far havent "drove" the car yet, only Idle time on it. Vacuum is/was good. If Figgie couldn't figure it out I dont think there is much hope. Soon time to part out and buy a vette ;)

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
plugs clean figgie already asked ;) here is a pic from 1,2,3.
picture.php
Before you ask the combustion chamber is also not flooded
picture.php
hard to see but you can see.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
IJ: Talking to him in flashcat, he said the turbo was dry, but the IC pipe clamp was damp. If he had a leak at the coolant flange for the turbo and it was sucked into a leak on the piping it might do it.

Doesn't quite explain why it's fine on the other car, but I still say tr another turbo as he has 3 :D

/me hides from 92nsx

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
both sides of IC piping are "damp" lol. cold side more then the hot side I know I must be doing something wrong but umm....... IDTS. like it would come from the turbo but unless it fixed it self it cant since Emilios car is just fine