91 Sup vs V-Dub

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
We (03BAMAGT and myself) were on our way back from Bass Pro Shop out for a Sunday drive, me just trying to be Christian-Like and all. and then BAM !!!!! A Black and Orange thing up my ass. And as usual, there is Ryan telling me "you ain't got a hair on your ass - THIS ... and "don't be a pussy bro, it's just a VW Rabbit" - THAT. All the while, he is booting up his I-phone Video app. It just owns me.

But seriously, I knew this was a bad race before it ever started. This V-Dub has a nasty reputation. I did want to get ahold of the goofy dick driving the very clean black 350 that has just got his ass handed to him by this Cool-Ass VW Orange Crush (also in the video of yo look close) He had obviously gone to the school of "fly by" racers. That would have been a much better opponent for me I think.

Can't call when, but I gurantee things will be changing soon for the lil red 91 Supra and the result of some of these ass kickings i have been recieving lately. It's good motivation. Just taking my time finding the right JDM "old school" mods so my shit can be nice to look at and respectable also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQUfDd7nxRg

A bit later in the the afternoon, same V-Dup rolls his ass up on a very lagit RHD R33 AWD GTR. The owner is a buddy of mine. He admittted the V-Dub caught him off guard a little. They quickly ran into traffic and had to lift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz_5mnJJfok

Here is another pull later in the night with teh R33 just messing with us. This R-33 is a twin set-up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25GQHVxvsjg

Anyway, mainly wanted to show the cool R33 clip more than anything. Thanks for viewing.

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
Wow, that is one quick VW...

I raced a stock one at the beginning of the season and destroyed it...but I know local people here putting down 400+ and they are light cars...under 3k

What are you putting down for HP? 300?

Beautiful red car btw...I want your paint

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I once got beat like that by an SRT-4. I kicked his ass on the 1/8 mile track that night, and we tried again on the interstate. He left me as quickly as that VW left you. I have always thought it was due to me not knowing what the car is capable of on the interstate. I think he geared lower than me, and there was no competition from the start. I dropped to 4th gear at 60mph, and I'm sure he went much lower. How low should I have gone at that speed to at least be in the race? This may have also been your problem.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
ForcedTorque;1417299 said:
I once got beat like that by an SRT-4. I kicked his ass on the 1/8 mile that night, and we tried again on the interstate. He left me as quickly as that VW left you. I have always thought it was due to me not knowing what the car is capable of on the interstate. I think he geared lower than me, and there was no competition from the start. I dropped to 4th gear at 60mph, and I'm sure he went much lower. How low should I have gone at that speed to at least be in the race? This may have also been your problem.

With the 3.73 rear end, on a roll from 60mph you can downshift to 3rd gear easily.

No wonder that srt-4 left you that hard. But stock for stock he will probably still take a stock supra mk3.

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
Just Stage one bold-ons for in my 91 7MGTE. Intake and DP and tune. Putting down 250 at the wheels is all I got man. Got a ton of upgrades and supporting mods I have acquired. Just in a pickle over what turbo to bolt on plus I have to have my MHG installed as well. Quicker days are ahead for my car for sure. Just taking my time getting the exact parts I want.

My problem with the V-Dub is it's ARP Stage III running a GT35R, a lot of top end work, DSG Stage 3 clutch, full forged rotaiting assempbly under a MHG torqued to 90 lbs. It's gotta be built to contain the 25 lbs of boost and meth injection. It's said to be a very shallow 12 second car but I cant confirm that. But no shame in loosing to that car, my heavy tank will never be that fast I dont think.

No comments on the R-33??? I wish we had taken some more footage of the R-33 but it got too dark.

818Supra

Feb 12, 2008
Pacoima, CA
My buddy has one of these, stock with a downpipe and exhaust. I smoked him! We raced from a roll, and once I shifted to 3rd my lead was just getting bigger. I have 3" turbo back, 2.5" hardpipes,spearco replica intercooler, intake, 1-piece alum driveshaft, mbc set to 10lbs. His car is pretty quick though, just not enough torque.

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
bhmsupra;1417319 said:
No comments on the R-33??? I wish we had taken some more footage of the R-33 but it got too dark.

The R-33 looked nice. We have a few of those in our club network as well. They do well on the hillclimb and autocross. Great platform to build on of course...it is a skyline afterall.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
ForcedTorque;1417299 said:
. How low should I have gone at that speed to at least be in the race? This may have also been your problem.

I know that the 3.91 goes to 91mph in 3rd gear so having this or the 3.70 3rd would have been you best bet for sure