90 supra 2jzge-T build

mk3turbo

Sep 5, 2008
michigan
Here's a little introduction to my supra. I bought my very first supra back in 2008, although I've been around supras and fixing supras since 1998. I was more of a dsm guy but all my buddies drives supras. Now i got my first supra turbo. When I first got the supra I started ordering parts for my supra. I installed a hks 1.2mm headgasket, arp studs, drewgo turbo manifold, comp t67, 680cc, 255 fp 12 volt, afpr, rps clutch kit, fmic, hks ss bov, hks vpc, safc2, tial 44mm wg, 3" exhaust, lightweight flywheel, more i might forget. I have that setup for a while. One night i took the car for a test drive street tuned at 15psi and blew the piston rings, did a compression test and one of the cylinder compression was at 70psi while the rest was around 140psi. The supra still starts and drives fine. I found a built 7mgte motor on this forum and decided to purchase the block. The seller claimed it only had a blown hg and he's going jz motor. Turns out his built 7m had some blown rings and compression was worst than my stock 7m. Knowing this i lost alot of cash putting into the built 7m to find out the block was no good. Well the supra sat in the garage for a very long time until now. Im going 2jzget. Im gonna be running 2jzge with 7mgte electronics. Lets begin. Here are some pictures of the old setup 7mgte.

Getting ready to pull the 7m out. Its a little dusty from sitting for years after years.

7m is coming out.

Heres my setup:
2jzge
Cometic 1.3mm head gasket
Arp studs
Gates timing belt
Precision GT4067HPS
Ebay turbo manifold
Tial 44mm wastegate
Is300 coils
Is300 spark plug wires
Hks turbo timer
Hks vpc with 550cc chip
K&n filter
Modified Q45
Ross machine racing Custom ffim
Siemens 680cc injectors
Sx fuel pressure regulator
Safc-2
Rps clutch kit with sprung 6 puck
Dm power steering pressure hose
7mge power steering reservor
Boost gauge
Aem wideband
3 gauge pillar
Rewired 12v 255 fp
Dm light flywheel
Arp flywheel bolts
1jz bell housing r-154
Fmic
Hks ss bov
3" magnaflow exhaust
1jz/2jz swap brackets
Redline mt90 trans fluid
2jzgte valve covers
Chrome mk4 TT rims

Hp goal 500+whp with this setup

Last edited:

mk3turbo

Sep 5, 2008
michigan
More update....
Gotta have the 2jz shipped overnight from Japan. 45k-55k jdm 2jzge. This motor came off a mk4 supra na. Looks like its in pretty good shape.

Got some parts from driftmotion.
1jz bell housing
Gates timing belt
1jz/2jz swap brackets
Arp flywheel bolts
Dm light flywheel
Trans fluid
Pressure plate bolts
1.3mm cometic hg

Getting the motor together. I have the machine shop checked the head for any flaws and deck the head. I Installed 1.3mm hg, arp studs, gates timing belt. Painted the block black also.

Last edited:

mk3turbo

Sep 5, 2008
michigan
1jz bell housing and R-154 coming together. Motor is all put together, trans, flywheel, bolts, clutch kit, its ready to drop in.

Im planning to keep ac so did the ghetto style. Also did the ghetto custom work for the oil pressure sender and turbo feed line.

2jz going in.

Mocking up the turbo manifold and comp t-67.

Got a new turbo.
Precision GT4067HPS next to a comp t-67.
Specs on both turbos.
Comp t-67 is 67mm inducer compressor wheel, ptrim turbine, a/r .68 exhaust housing.
Precision GT4067HPS is 67mm inducer compressor wheel, gt40 turbine wheel, a/r .81 exhaust housing.

Ebay turbo manifold.

I got this 2jzgte valve cover from one of the members on the forums. I didnt like the na valve cover much so spent a little extra cash on these.

Last edited:

mk3turbo

Sep 5, 2008
michigan
Got the tial 44mm vband flange welded to the ebay turbo manifold. Now i can use the tial 44mm wastegate along with a dump tube. Anybody needs a 7mgte drewgo turbo manifold? Ill have that for sale soon.

Did some drilling and grinding to the cps to make it fit on the 2jzge head.

Last edited:

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Subbed, I have the same plans for my 2jzge vvti out of a 98 sc300 but I have a set of GTE internals that will go in.

mk3turbo

Sep 5, 2008
michigan
Doat;2004369 said:
Subbed, I have the same plans for my 2jzge vvti out of a 98 sc300 but I have a set of GTE internals that will go in.

Looks like the 2jzge swap is getting more popular these days. Hopefully everything works out for you. Whats your hp goal and setup gonna be?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
mk3turbo;2004439 said:
Looks like the 2jzge swap is getting more popular these days. Hopefully everything works out for you. Whats your hp goal and setup gonna be?
I plan for 5-600hp more toward 500hp nothing crazy I want it to be able to handle a beating at the track then drive to work the next day. Going with the GTE internals, get the cylinders honed for the new piston rings, have the block completely cleaned tanked and decked, head tanked and surfaced and maybe port and polish I've heard mixed things about that for these motors, upgrade valves and springs to something lighter maybe Brian Crower or Ferrera seems BC is the route to go with these motors. I am debating on keeping the stock over head intake or go FFIM for a cleaner look but I'd have to relocate the battery to go FFIM. I am going for high response as well on pump gas it's going to be a street car, so I don't want to have to hunt down a gas station with E85 and such.

mk3turbo

Sep 5, 2008
michigan
Doat;2004444 said:
I plan for 5-600hp more toward 500hp nothing crazy I want it to be able to handle a beating at the track then drive to work the next day. Going with the GTE internals, get the cylinders honed for the new piston rings, have the block completely cleaned tanked and decked, head tanked and surfaced and maybe port and polish I've heard mixed things about that for these motors, upgrade valves and springs to something lighter maybe Brian Crower or Ferrera seems BC is the route to go with these motors. I am debating on keeping the stock over head intake or go FFIM for a cleaner look but I'd have to relocate the battery to go FFIM. I am going for high response as well on pump gas it's going to be a street car, so I don't want to have to hunt down a gas station with E85 and such.

Sounds like its gonna be a good setup.
I wasnt planning to run the 2jzge cross over intake manifold so im gonna fabricate my own ffim. I went and got some aluminum tubing, throttle body adapter plate for Q45 throttle body. Also painted the 2jzgte valve cover red and ditch the na valve covers. Here i was mocking up the breather lines and ffim fitment. Engine bay looks like a mess.

Last edited:

mk3turbo

Sep 5, 2008
michigan
Ditched the t67 and mock up the gt4067. I also got a hold of a q45 throttle body and mock that up to the aluminum tubing. I went and got a camry throttle cable from the junk yard for the ffim because the stock 7m was too short. I routed the breather line the other way because it doesnt look right with the oil catch can. Anybody agreed with me on that one?

Mocking up the intake pipe along with a short K&N filter.

Last edited:

mk3turbo

Sep 5, 2008
michigan
Did a little modification to the q45 throttle body. The throttle body cable bracket was hitting the power steering pump so i modified it like this to clear it. This is a very tight fit. Also the tps has to be custom fit.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
nice job!

id love to make my own ffim, i can weld pretty good. just not aluminum...
i just dont have the know how to build my own

looks really clean man!

mk3turbo

Sep 5, 2008
michigan
sheedy126;2004472 said:
nice job!

id love to make my own ffim, i can weld pretty good. just not aluminum...
i just dont have the know how to build my own

looks really clean man!

Thanks bro, just need to get it all weld up together.

mk3turbo

Sep 5, 2008
michigan
Doat;2004492 said:
I always wanted to learn how to weld a very handy skill to have
Lol I know nothing about welding, im just mocking it up for fitment and taking it to a welding shop i know in town to weld it up.