'89 Supra with a turbo LS1

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Bad ass, more people are doing it right. That turbo is definitely not maxed out at 400rwhp on a dynojet. Triple your boost and retune? lol

RyeLou

May 16, 2010
MI
te72;1571374 said:
You know, If you'd be interested, I have a set of Mk4 TT rims, 17x9.5 all around, +50 offset. Would have two good Nitto 555's on them, if you'd be interested, I wouldn't mind working out some sort of trade for the wheels you have there. Not in any hurry, but it's something to consider. :)
I appreciate the offer, but I actually work at a shop where I can get wheels/tires. I'll probably end up keeping what I have and getting something specific for the strip.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Quin;1571571 said:
Bad ass, more people are doing it right. That turbo is definitely not maxed out at 400rwhp on a dynojet. Triple your boost and retune? lol

It was on a Mustang dyno. I'm sure I could get more power out of it, but changing turbos would be much more efficient instead of pushing this one further.

For reference, years ago I had an SRT4 Neon that made 388hp on a Dynojet and it made 333hp on this same Mustang dyno. I know not quite apples to apples, but puts it into perspective somewhat.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
RyeLou;1571951 said:
I appreciate the offer, but I actually work at a shop where I can get wheels/tires. I'll probably end up keeping what I have and getting something specific for the strip.

No worries man, figured it couldn't hurt to throw the idea out there. As for the swap, I was kinda thinking of going the complete opposite direction of this and putting the 1j I was building last year into the SS that I have. Can't say I know of anyone who's done THAT! :p

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
ya know, looking at this car makes me kinna wish i had kept my mk3's for my seemingly permanately stalled project.

but hot-rodding is a highly personal endeavor, and i like the looks of the mk2 better!(oohhh, im gonna take a hit for that one)

unfortunately, the swap is a lil harder on the 2's.

nice work dude!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
supra90turbo;1571561 said:
Nope, guess not Ian.... that's just the way it goes. You like being low profile anyhow.
<nodding> one of the disadvantages of only posting it, pics and vids in the members rides area it's a bit "unknown" and a lot of people miss it!

lewis15498;1572360 said:
Welcome sir!

Ian found a friend...
Always nice to see how others approach the same project, having said that still waiting on some more pics from the OP :)

RyeLou

May 16, 2010
MI
IJ.;1572483 said:
Always nice to see how others approach the same project, having said that still waiting on some more pics from the OP :)

I've been busy at work this week with everyone looking to travel this weekend. I forgot what you even wanted a picture of, haha. I'll do you the injustice of a cell phone picture in a few minutes at least. I'm actually still at work.

RyeLou

May 16, 2010
MI
IJ.;1572609 said:
"Crossover Pipe" :)

Give me a few minutes. I'll try and get some more detailed pictures of the set-up under the hood. You'll have to excuse some things...it needs quite a bit of cleaning up (coolant overflow, vac/oil/brake lines, etc.)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
RyeLou;1572620 said:
Give me a few minutes. I'll try and get some more detailed pictures of the set-up under the hood. You'll have to excuse some things...it needs quite a bit of cleaning up (coolant overflow, vac/oil/brake lines, etc.)

No probs at all don't be shy I'm well aware it's a work in progress!

RyeLou

May 16, 2010
MI
IJ.;1572624 said:
No probs at all don't be shy I'm well aware it's a work in progress!

Well my work computer is limiting me to just about nothing. If you PM or post your email address I'll forward you the pictures I took.

RyeLou

May 16, 2010
MI
Auto. Stock 4L60E. Drives great. It's my daily driver until about Sept./Oct. when I pick up something else for that purpose.

RyeLou

May 16, 2010
MI
There is a small section you can see in one of the pictures I sent you. It's below the turbo, to drivers side of where the engine sits.