89 7mgte burns oil when it gets to op. Temp

Luap

Sep 11, 2013
MD
I'm new to the supra game I just bought this 89 7mgte a couple months ago from an older man probably in his 50s he says there's a 3 year old jasper engine in it and a 1 year old ct26 everything looks fresh and it ran good. Then I take it home and the first time I lay into the pedal the radiator fan snapped off the water pump and chops up my radiator. $500 later I get it back together get it running and notice it's idling rough it bouncing between 350-500 rpm when I drive it runs fine but when it gets to operating temp and I'm at a stop light it burns oil and smokes a lot. It probably does when I'm driving I just can't notice it. I've heard about the notorious head gaskets is that what the problem is? Any suggestions are very helpful

Luap

Sep 11, 2013
MD
Also today my thermostat started steaming and spitting out coolant from the fittings

kdog1988

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
What color is the smoke if it's a thick white smoke that indicates that its burning coolant and if the smoke has a blue tint to it then its oil.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Luap;1966280 said:
Also today my thermostat started steaming and spitting out coolant from the fittings

Just don't run the car and don't drive it. Do a compression test wet and dry and then do a leak down test and let us know what the results are?